"disable rock extensions" touch screen not working??

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by WhenCornAttacks, Jul 15, 2010.

1. WhenCornAttacks

WhenCornAttacks New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Just today, I decided to use sn0wbreeze 1.7 to make a custom firmware from 3.1.2 to 4.0. After resyncing in iTunes, and after a few minutes of me re-downloading some of my apps from Rock, I restarted. The first few times I tried, I got the "sad iPhone" lockscreen. So I go into Rock, go to Rock Extensions, and turn off most of the extensions except Winterboard, SBSettings, and I think thats it. So after a while of me sorting out my homescreen, putting everything in folders, getting the right wallpaper, etc., I restart and unlock my iPod, but at my homescreen nothing works when I tap the screen. The top button works, but nothing else. And when I tapped the lock button, it turned off, and I tapped it again. Now I can't unlock it. Also, there's this black text in the status bar (?) at the top that says "Disable Rock Extensi..."

I tried reseting, it just shows me the Apple logo for like 5 minutes then it shows the lockscreen, where I can slide to unlock it, but when I get to the homescreen, I cant use the touch screen or the home button, just the lock button.

Do I have to do a full restore to fix this?

Here is some of my specs, if you need it:
    ipod touch 2g
    was running on jailbroken 3.1.2, then moved to jailbroken 4.0
    i used a custom boot and recovery logo making the custom firmware
    in sn0wbreeze, i turned on battery percentage, multitasking, and background wallpaper.
    its not an mc model.
  2. redXIII

redXIII New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    recomend restoring it could be worst that why i like userland jailbreaks better restore to 3.1.2 run spirit and wait til spirit 4.0.1
  3. WhenCornAttacks

WhenCornAttacks New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    In sn0wbreeze, it says you have to be pre-jailbroken for the jailbreak to work. Do I have to downgrade back to 3.1.2 and jailbreak THEN go back to using the custom firmware? Or can I just use a different custom firmware right now?

I made a new custom one, I took out Rock.