Disable iTunes sync via daemon

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TomDaBomb2u, Aug 2, 2010.

1. TomDaBomb2u

TomDaBomb2u New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hi All:

Is there a daemon I can edit in order to disable iTunes sync? I'm working on a project where the client is going to use a jailbroken device for promotional use and does not want the client to be able to restore to original software.

I have looked at this list of daemons, but do not see anything that says it will disable iTunes syncing. I'm going to keep looking though.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
    Thomas
  2. lolwut37

lolwut37 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Looked through the thread, and
    Looks like what you're looking for.
  3. TomDaBomb2u

TomDaBomb2u New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Thanks for the reply! I saw that one but I dunno if it will disable charging AND syncing simultaneously or if they can be controlled separately. I'm gonna Check it out when I get home.

Thanks!
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Let the experimentation begin: I just backed up my LaunchDaemons folder (zipped using iFile AND made a copy of the folder), I changed the filename com.apple.usbptpd.plist to _com.apple.usbptpd.plist. Rebooted and.....nothing. iTunes still recognizes it.

Next I'll just cut the file and move outside of the LaunchDaemons folder.

UPDATE: That worked. It is connected to the USB port, not charging, and not recognized by iTunes. Unfortunately, I left my AC adapter at home, so I can't confirm whether or not AC charging will work.