Disable Data For Holiday

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dan_Close, Aug 18, 2009.

1. Dan_Close

Dan_Close New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    im going on holiday to turkey tomorrow, and need to disable data off the iphone, i have changed the network apn and that, and the visual voicemail and mms, but it seems to constantly try to seek a signal when plugged into my dock, will this effect my barrery, and is there a better way to do this??
  2. jalexis4192

jalexis4192 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Your talking about data roaming right?

Well, if you are, the best thing to do is to put it on airplane mode, and you pretty much have a fancy iPod touch that costs like $100 a month. Also, make sure that you have the Data Roaming OFF, cause if not, you'll get charged loads for services that use data.

When i went on vacation (Aprox. a month ago to the Dominican Republic), i just turned data roaming off, and left my phone as is, didn't change anything and such. I got a few messages, but mine were free (as long as i didn't reply to them that is), and i still got calls, and such. Im not sure about Turkey, though. The simplest thing to do is to turn data off and to simply put it in airplane mode for the time that your there.

I didn't use my dock, when i went abroad so i cant really say anything about the dock problem, but try it with the regular cable and not the dock and see what happens, and then deicide what you wanna do about that. Also, put it airplane mode then put it in the dock and see what happens.

Anyways, have fun, and good luck, hope i helped. =)

Edit: Got home, and made the reply a bit better lol.