Disable coverflow, but allow other rotatable things like the landscape keyboard?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by sdschramm, Feb 6, 2010.

1. sdschramm

sdschramm Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I know there have been other people that have posted asking if they can disable coverflow and the answer has always been to use rotation inhibitor - and SBS toggle.

Well, thats what I've been doing, however, when you do that, it also block the ability to use the larger, landscape keyboard.

I often use my iPod in bed to listen to bed and to respond to emails. In that case, I want the rotation enabled so I can have the bigger keyboard, but I want also want it "off" so coverflow doesn't come up. I've had coverflow come up any other times like when I am out jogging, etc. and i just want it OFF but I don't want to have to change the rotation inhibitor setting every time.

Any ideas??

Thanks,
    Scott
  2. IamMartin

IamMartin Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    hmmm. i'm not sure if you can do this, but you could try modding Rotation Inhibitor. i haven't looked at the file but i'm guessing you could make exceptions to the file.

that's if it's not illegal which i'm pretty sure it isn't as it's a free app and you're not going to re-distribute it.
  3. Volcomstone000095

Volcomstone000095 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well I do not think this is really possible, but is it really that hard to swipe SBSettings?
  4. sdschramm

sdschramm Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)

Its not hard to activate it, its just the fact that I have to keep truing it on and off several times a day.