Disable control passthrough?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stevecask, Jan 7, 2010.

1. stevecask

stevecask New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Ok guys, so I've been having this issue for a few months now...and after listening to the same bloody song more than 1000 times, I'm fed up.

See, I have a pretty new 2009 Jetta, got it back in June, and it came factory installed with the iPod connector, even though I wanted the standard aux-in...really didn't have a choice. Regardless, however, I made do. After I bought what seemed to be the only female to male iPod connector in existence, I was finally able to plug my iPod into the damned system. After that, I had to deal with the issue of not being able to control the iPod at all, except through the stereo, due to the "accessory connected" splash screen, which I have since disabled. However, a more sinister evil was lurking than that...the Jetta took full control.

Yes, it completely took over the iPod itself, such that only the iPod could play. Not the biggest issue...until I upgraded to the iPhone 3GS...and really wanted to use Pandora and the like. Nope, no dice. When Pandora paused the iPod and then tried to play itself...the system didn't like that. It, then, paused Pandora, and replayed the iPod. No matter what I tried, it wouldn't let Pandora go. Further frustration comes every time the cable is disconnected. If it is jostled even a little bit, it gets confused, and then resets the current playlist, and just starts playing the first song in alphabetical order. As much as I like the London Philharmonic, hearing them over 1000 times when I'm trying to listen to, say, Metallica, is very annoying.

So here, at last, is my question. Is there any way at ALL that you guys know of where I can disable accessory/cable control passthrough and only allow audio passthrough? I'd really like to be able to just listen to whatever is playing on the iPhone at the time...I couldn't care less about controlling it from my stereo. Thanks much in advance to everyone.

Hoping for the best,

Steve
  2. jalexis4192

jalexis4192 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Sounds more like a car issue then iPod/iPhone related, try contacting the dealership yet?

As to my knowledge, dont think you can disable that, and if you mean disabling it on the car.. uhh wrong place to ask XD