Disable 3G? (Sorry about other post, was tired and put 2G :p)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RoYaLx, Apr 17, 2009.

1. RoYaLx

RoYaLx Member

Device:
    HTC One
    Is there a way to do this? I want to put my AT&T SIM into an iPhone 3G (there it is again lol). But I currently don't have a data plan, and have no use for it, since I have easy access to WI-FI networks. Can you turn off the internet? I am currently running on 2.2.1 NON JAILBROKEN, in case that makes a difference.
  2. mrgas2004

mrgas2004 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    to turn off 3G you go to, settings>general>network> then there should be an option to enable and disable 3G
  3. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

that only disables your phone from using a 3G network. Instead it will use EDGE. to disable your internet, heres a mobileconfig file. here are the steps to use it:

-Send this file to your email address.
    -In the Mail app, open the email and attachment. It will tell you to enable this config, and it will disable your phone from using Internet. However, Wi-Fi will still work, which is good.

The nice thing about it is that you can do it on a non-jailbroken phone and you can remove it any time. It will be located in Settings > General > Network > APN Settings.

Hope that helps.

Attached Files:

4. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

Just change the APN settings on the iPhone to anything but the correct APN...
  5. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

you can, but APN setting dont appear on a non-jailbroken phone, unless you open the mobileconfig file listed in my previous post. with a jailbroken phone, just install APN Settings from Cydia.

the easiest way to disable Internet with a jailbroken phone, just install BossPrefs and toggle EDGE off.
  6. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

I didn't realize that.....Thanks for the information!