Dirt+Rubbing Alcohol+stupid me= HELP please!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by morsecode191, May 20, 2009.

1. morsecode191

morsecode191 New Member

Ok so it all started while playing basketball in my driveway while listening to my Ipod Touch. I dropped it stopped listening to it until I came into my house and tried plugging in my earbuds but they wouldn't go in all the way so I figured there was dirt in the jack. I didn't really know what to do so I Googled and it said something about rubbing alcohol so I dipped a Q-Tip in a little bit and put it in the earbud jack. When I pulled it out, it had the dirt on it and eventually I got my earbuds in, but I have a feeling there's still dirt in there.

And when I looked at my Ipod, I can see a deep shadow working it's way up my screen, obviously the alcohol so I go a bowl of rice and my ipod is currently resting underneath the rice.

I have little hope as of now, but before the rice my Ipod wouldn't play through the earbuds, whether it be from me forcing them in there, playing with a needle trying to get the dirt out, the Q-Tip, or just the alcohol.

Does anybody know if there's any hope for my Ipod? If not how much would it cost to fix? And it there an easy way to get the dirt out? Thanks.
  2. curtlow

curtlow Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    • Misleading material
    try dipping it in water for 15 seconds then the bowl of rice. No longer though.
  3. jhloa2

jhloa2 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    vacuum cleaner?
  4. MrFairladyz

MrFairladyz Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    dontt dip it in water... thats a bit worse, isnt it?
  5. biikmans

biikmans Active Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    I'm not an expert but putting it in water intentionally doesn't sound like a good idea at all.
  6. morsecode191

morsecode191 New Member

Why dip it in water? To try getting the dirt out? There already seems to be a decent amount of RA in it.

And I thought about using a vaccumm cleaner haha, then I realized the shadow. How long am I supposed to leave it in the rice for?

Thanks guys!
  7. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Thats real dumb
  8. Muffin15

Muffin15 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    idk, i find it hard to believe its the alcohol
    at least, in liquid form
    if anything its most likely vapor and so like the other person said, maybe try and vacuum it out or just put it in a bowl of rice