Dirt for XBox 360 - What do you think?

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by ben471, Dec 30, 2007.

1. ben471

ben471 New Member

So I got a generous Best Buy gift card for Christmas and I am looking at getting another good racing game for my 360. I have PGR4 and love it, so that isn't an option. I looked at Forza 2 but the reviews on Best Buy weren't great. I figure that Forza is pretty similar to PRG so it would be fun but redundant.

Then I came across Dirt. The screen shots looked great, there looked to be a large selection of different vehicles and dirt racing would be cool. All the reviews were good and the only complaint all around seemed to be the lack of multiplayer, that bothered me but it won't stop me.
    These are my questions(for those of you who have played/owned it):
    1)Are the physics of the racing realistic compared to other racing games you've had?
    2)What do you think about the game play and variety of race types, cars, ect.
    3)Is the racing fun? The screen shots showed lots cars racing so how is the racing against the comp?

Any other thoughts on the game would be appreciated, I know there were lots of good reviews on Best Buy but I trust you guys and if you all agree and say it's the best buy(pun intended) I will feel better about it.

Thanks,
    Ben
  2. unknown

unknown New Member

I haven't played it for the 360 but I do have it for the ps3. In short i think its a great racing game especially if you are into off-road and rally racing.

1. The physics are nice and the driving aspect is probably more fun than gran turismo, I think the control you have over the vehicles is good and its defiantly not an arcade style game. The crashes are also cool, depending on what difficulty setting you have it on, there will be more or less damage in a crash.

2. There is a good variety of races vehicles include: trucks, rally cars, Big rigs, etc. and there are different race courses/events that use street and off-road.

3. The racing is fun, there is not a whole lot of car vs car but enough I think. Overall if you like racing games i don't think you can go wrong with this, but that is just one person's opinion

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. ben471

ben471 New Member

Thanks for your help. I used to love Gran Turismo! I think I've been convinced, I haven't had a good offroad game in a while, should be fun.
    thanks again for your input
  4. CaliScreamin

CaliScreamin New Member

I want to try that game! It looks so cool!
  5. FC3SCorey

FC3SCorey New Member

I wouldnt buy it unless you are interested in the multiplayer, I abosulutley addore rally racing but I won't call this a must buy. The game is fantastic and is a MUST rent atleast. Had a grin on my face the whole time.

Wait for DiRT 2 if it comes out haha.

The physics, although not realistic (ok well, it's like a realistic arcade game ((if there is such a thing))), it's alot of fun, it feels alot like PGR3/4 :]
  6. HaGGardSmurf

HaGGardSmurf New Member

Dirt is simply amazing! If you enjoy dirt track racing, you will absolutely love this game. There is alot of rally (rally cross, hill climb, normal rally etc etc) There is also hill climbing with super tuned semi's and dirt track racing with the tuned pickups etc etc.. It has so many different types of racing and alot of races! Its amazing!
  7. ben471

ben471 New Member

Yeh I got this game just after I started the thread. I love it! It's a lot of fun, I love the off-road racing and there are sooo many vehicles you can never get bored.