Dirstrict 9 Review (Sort-of)

Discussion in 'Music, Movies, TV, and Videos' started by kalpa11, Aug 26, 2009.

1. kalpa11

kalpa11 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    So this isn't really a review but sort of a heads up to people. Well the in my opinion the movie was great i loved it. But half the people who've seen this don't really get the point and leave the cinemas half way through. It's all in the way you look at it.
    Spoilers Possible so don't read if you don't want me to spoil it.
    So basically the story is in a timeframe where aliens have landed on earth. When they first arrived there was a big ol' mothership hovering above south africa and for 5 years nothing came out. So the government goes in and looks inside to find the worker type of aliens who have gotten stuck here. Then they take the aliens bring them down to earth and stick'em in a security fenced area, housing 1.8 million aliens(prawns they call them), called district 9. Soon a black market has started with the locals and aliens and forms of segragation appears and also many riots. The MNU (government taking care of alien affairs) decides to put them in a "safer" place called district 10 which is more like a concentration camp. So the guys go in to move them out but at one point the main character (who has a cool accent when he swears) gets sprayed with some liquid which was secretly gonna be used to get the bugs back to their world. So the main character gets alien arms and taken by mnu and done tests on him cuz he can use alien weaponry which can only be used by alien biological hands. He escapes find alien friend who says he can make him human if he gets the liquid they get the liquid get into a cool action scene between natives mnu and the prawns and that's all i'll tell and the end is pretty touching.

So the plot is really original i have to say this has to be a story that a brilliant mind had made cuz it's awesome.

The way they made this movie was especially cool cause it used the documentary type style and climaxing story type too.

Many people have different views on this movie but overall i think it's awesome

8.5/10

Sorry the summary got crappy at the end that's cuz i'm really sleepy right now and i'm gonna sleep now probably

Also they have a cool fakie but nicely made website that pretends to apply you for mnu job
    here's the LINK
  2. j70LAR_J3EAR

j70LAR_J3EAR New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i thought it was pretty bad i mean the whole story was pretty good but whats up with the acting it was disgusting ...
  3. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    so the whole story is about making this man human again?
  4. Tsukoi

Tsukoi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    He didn't really explain it that well.
    I suggest you watch it though,

I own it,
    And I must say it's easily one of the best movies I've ever seen.
    If not the best.
  5. Germany

Germany Banned

Just saw it yesterday. One of the best movies I've seen this year. I want to see Law Abiding Citizen and The Stepfather now. Those look just as violent as District 9.
  6. Jarrodis

Jarrodis Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    TBH,If you are from South Africa, it would make allot more sense. they use allot of Afrikaans, and allot of the humour mostly South Africans would get, so I personally loved the movie

Please Register or Log in to view images