Directory Issues!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by moosh, May 28, 2008.

1. moosh

moosh New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hello, I have a 1.1.3 Jailbroken Ipod touch and I am having problems with applications drawing information from the right directory. Last night I was using filebrowser for the first time. I deleted some folder that touch users don't use, for example; voicemail, sms, contacts (I was careful to be sure they were folders I don't use). Just to test it out. I was also SSHing some files into my ipod at the same time (I don't know if that makes a difference but I want to give u a detailed idea as to what I was doing).

When I was finished with browser I went back to the homescreen and noticed my smb theme was not working. I go into smb and all my themes are gone! I go into installer to get rid of filebrowser (figuring that was the problem) but it gets stuck on the update screen. I go to notes.. all my notes are gone. I go to mail - it wants me to put my information back in. When I turn off my ipod and turn it back on, all my icons are back to a default order, and I get the message telling me I can wiggle them. It's as though all the settings reset! I have a feeling my old information is still there but the apps are just not checking the right directories. What can I do to fix this? The only things that saved their information was Calender, Wikipedia, and Books.

At the very least.. i'd like installer working and my notes back. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
  2. moosh

moosh New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Okay I managed to get into installer and it's definitely a directories thing! When I go to uninstall the only application installer recognizes me having is installer! I definitely feel that somehow filebrowser got all my applications thinking they are supposed to draw their information from a different directory than they were previously using! Again, any help would be greatly appreciated!!
  3. moosh

moosh New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Bump! Please help...?
  4. agarwal1

agarwal1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Restore would be your best bet unless you find a solution to this problem. Never heard of it before. Try not deleting random folders. One time, I deleted an application folder that I had already uninstalled and my ipod kept freezing up on me and never opening any apps.
  5. moosh

moosh New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ugh I guess i'll wait for 2.0 to be officially released and then restore. It should be comin out soon right?
  6. swillard8

swillard8 New Member

i heard the 6th, but never be sure.