Directory for AppStore apps?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by goorioles747, Aug 31, 2008.

1. goorioles747

goorioles747 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I am trying to make my own winterboard theme, but need to know the exact name of the app folders. But, the only apps in the /stash/Applications/ are the ones that came with my iPod and my jailbroken apps, but not app store ones. What directory are they located in?
  2. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

You just put them in the Winterboard folder named AppNameOnSpringBoard.png.

If you change the icons in /var/mobile/Applications/XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX/AppName.app, the app will be corrupted.
  3. jack.misner@virgin.net

jack.misner@virgin.net New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    you literally just create a file in /private/var/stash/Themes.xxxxxx/YOURTHEME/Icons/ which is called (the name of the application as it is on your springboard).png
    then apply the theme in winterboard (you may need to drag it to the top of the list and exit winterboard. springboard should automatically respring and then your icon you created will be applied to the app you created it for.
  4. goorioles747

goorioles747 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    That is actually the SummerBoard way to do it. WinterBoard is more powerful and the better way to do it is to actually make a folder in the theme called Folders, then within that folders called AppName.app and within that you can have icon.png, default.png and any other files that you want winterboard to replace
  5. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

You don't need that - all you need is the display name on the SpringBoard. Notice how icons for MobileMusicPlayer are not called MobileMusicPlayer but rather Music, Videos, and iPod.

In order to do this, create a directory entitled Icons in the root of your theme and just put icons in there that are the exact name of the applications on the SpringBoard.

To edit the Applications' images, create a Bundles folder, find the bundleidentifier of each application via its Info.plist, and create folders the name of the bundleidentifiers. In example, MobileMusicPlayer's is com.apple.mobileipod.
  6. goorioles747

goorioles747 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    that seems even harder than the way im doing it
  7. quietkillah

quietkillah New Member

this is indeed the best way to do this.
  8. goorioles747

goorioles747 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Thank you. I succesfully redid the icons on all my apps using this method. Im basically done, i just need add new stuff when it becomes available.

Also, does anyone know why my app launchers always crash immediately?
  9. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

You using cracked apps?
  10. goorioles747

goorioles747 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    would it matter?