Dimension Player Updates

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Trulife8342, Jan 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trulife8342

Trulife8342 New Member

Well most of you have been following up on the Dimension Player, I wanted to create a more organized topic so users can come and view the progress on the player.

Here is the program over view:

"Hey, I have been browsing this forum and I love seeing all the talent that has been going around and im here to give you guys some great news, My team has found a way to download songs using the download plugins then playing them with the ipod media player with no computer syncing needed, and we are also creating a brand new media player, please read for more information.

When you import a song into the I.T(ipod touch) it creates a folder and places the .mp3 in that folder and assigns it a random 4 digit name. Now the mp3 that is played in the media player on the I.T doesnt have its ID3 read, this means that if you move a song you downloaded using the safari plugins and then the sendfile.app, and you move that .mp3 and place it in that random folder and give it the same 4 digits as another mp3 in that folder, the I.T will play the audio that you downloaded but it will still have the same title artist and such. Why does it do this?, because of a file called iTunes_DB, the iTunes database has a list of all your .mp3's, I moved this file to my desktop and opened it using hex workshop, and I found that it was a very simple file this is how it was arranged.

>>Header>
    >>bits and sh*t that isnt important>
    >>File signature (the screwer upper)>

>And the song info which breaks into subgroups so its

>>>Song info
    >>"Song Title"
    >>"Artist"
    >>"Album">
    >>"Codec">
    >>"Folder name (the random folders that hold the mp3 audio not data)"
    >>"and the random 4 digit name"

Now this is where the media player gets its information about the audio its playing. What does this mean well I'll tell you.

I did a test to see if the iTunes_db needed to be signed (which means to be re-encrypted)
    and it turns out it does, this is how I know, I opened hex workshop(just a tool like wordpad to open up files and retrieve their data by reading it in hexadecimal), and I found a song in the itunes db titled "b**** who you f***** wit", so I renamed 2 letters and made the title say "Fitch who you buckin wit", and when I went to upload it my ipod said that there was no music in the itunes library, Why does it do this?, because it wasnt resigned with the new data its like openeing a ziplock taking meat out, and putting new meat it but not zipping it, of course the meat will get rotten, you need to rezip it for it to work.

Well how does this serve as any purpose, Well simple. I own a gaming company (for legal issues [I dont want to get sued by having it tied to that name] I cant tell you guys the name of it), but My programming team thought it would be neat to create 2 things, A new media player that allows you to rename the song name, the artist, and add pictures as album art, and this is the cool part, every song you download using safari the new media player will automatically be able to play it with full audio control, so no having to move it to your computer and resyncing using iTunes, Now this is where things get really awesome, not only does the media player (the name is called Dimension Player), allow you to play the songs you downloaded which is found in the download folder in your ipod, it will also play the songs you sync using iTunes and will read the database also!, The other thing we are creating called Dimension signer, and this will automatically sign the songs you download into the iTunes DB, this is only if you dont want to use the Dimension Player.

I know I threw a lot at you guys, but I want all of you to know that this will take time, WE WILL NOT RELEASE UNLESS IT LOOKS PERFECT, We are going to be using professional graphics so it would seem as if Apple themselves made it. Please be patient, Expect a release by the end of febuary."

Now that you know what its about heres the updates.

Heres the current state of the GUI

Please Register or Log in to view images

So far the player is 12% done
    its features
    •Can download songs from the iTouch and play them with this player with no computer syncing
    • Allows the user to edit ID3 Tags while listening to the song
    • Full audio control, Perfect playback and play forward options.
    • Volume control
    • Lyrics.app pretty much built into the player.
    • Can use pictures in the photo library and set them as album art
    • Themes
    • Hue and saturation editor for skins
    • It can be played in sleep mode
    • You can tilt it sideways and rearrange the albums, and listen to the music.
    • Preset EQ's
    • New GUI
    • Allows you to still sync using iTunes music will not be deleted

Things yet to be completed
    • Beefed out GUI (from help with the creators who brought you iMilk)
    • Faster processing speeds (no lag with tilt)
    • Import videos from youtube
    • A whole bunch of other features that will be mentioned at a later time

Thanks for all the support and the release date will be March 19th 2008

Start x'ing your calenders

2 people like this.
  2. optimo

optimo New Member

what a shameless bump-in-disguise
  3. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Or a progress report for those of us who don't want to have to read through an entire 11 page thread.

4. BigDaveyJ

BigDaveyJ New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    its on my touch calendar now
  5. therobinsonator

therobinsonator New Member

i cant wiat now this will replace my current right
    or is it another app?
  6. Andy Huang

Andy Huang Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Stuck and closed for now... As the app grows, we can help edit / update this thread again for more updates. In the mean time, please use the other thread for discussion on this REALLY REALLY awesome app

Unlocked by request of OP

7. SimonTheSnowman

SimonTheSnowman Active Member

this is a VERY awesome app, any new updates trulife?

8. willymcsilly

willymcsilly New Member

I Cant Wait !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  9. djetron

djetron New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    awsomeeeeeeeeeeeee
  10. SkaterGOD/DOOD23

SkaterGOD/DOOD23 New Member

Device: