Different with 3.0

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by SugarBob62, Aug 21, 2009.

1. SugarBob62

SugarBob62 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I FINALLY got around to updating my ipod touch to 3.0

But now I've noticed a couple weird things. I was playing a game, and had to go do something, so I set it down...and when I came back like 5 min later the game was still there on my screen. Before it used to shut off after a minute. I still have the auto-lock set to do it after 1 min of inactivity but for some reason it doesn't now. But if its just on the regular home screen and nothing is opened it still shuts off like normal.

Also, from what I read on here...to save battery life I was under the impression that you hold down the home button to actually close out an application or whatever, rather just clicking it. So thats what I had always been doing. Well now it doesn't do that either. You can only click the button once. If you hold it down, it doesn't do anything at all. What the heck?

These are the only things I have noticed so far...
  2. Quadrant

Quadrant New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Games or apps don't auto-lock when you're playing them just because there's no touch feedback. If that were the case, I'd lose every race on Crash Kart because the game would auto-lock every minute.

In 3.0, there's a new way to force quit apps. You have to hold the power button until the "slide to power off" slider appears, then hold down the home button until the application quits.
  3. SugarBob62

SugarBob62 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    But I'm saying it used to...before I got the 3.0
    Games I played would still be there on the screen when I unlocked it and turned it back on. If I would set it down, it would lock after 1 minute. Game or no game. Now it doesn't do that.

So to completely close out an app, you need to hold down the main power button...instead of holding down the home button? And THEN hold down the home button??? I'm so confused...

All I know is, it wasn't like this before I updated it. Did they change this or is mine just stupid now?
  4. Spartigus

Spartigus New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    It depends on the app, but yes this now happens

They changed it to be like that. Also all apps, except safari, ipod and mail completely close when you hit home. They always happens.... Unles some JB apps dont. The reason they changed it was because voice commands on the 3gs are activated by holding home button. So now hold down off button until the slide to unlock comes up, then hold home button and it force closes the app.