different versions on sale?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by insearchoftruth, May 13, 2008.

1. insearchoftruth

insearchoftruth New Member

Apologies for what is probably an obvious question to anyone but a noobie like me

Please Register or Log in to view images

I'm looking at getting a 16GB touch for my daughter and there seem to be 2 versions around MA627Z0/A & MA627Z0/B.

Am I right in assuming the B version has the latest software update - January?

Are there any other differences? It would seem cheaper to buy the A version and pay for the update but I wonder if any improvements were made from A to B?

Thanks for help
  2. Tman47

Tman47 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    nope thats it, and you can still buy the january app pack from itunes for A
  3. jamil_d

jamil_d Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    None, except for the Jan. Software Upgrade. But I warn you, a new iPod touch is rumored to come on June 9th.

(And there's a way to get the Software Upgrade for free, but it's illegal, so...)

On another note, welcome to the forums!
  4. insearchoftruth

insearchoftruth New Member

I seen some comments on the screen re blacks on early models - could this be a difference between A & B? any thoughts? (and any ideas on what the new touch would be post June?)
  5. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    The only difference is the B was made after A and came with the Jan Apps installed already
  6. hakk79

hakk79 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Haha, June 9th? Well, I will have to bring in my old iPod model on June 10th because of some *hint*mysterious*Hint* overheating problem!

Oh, great Mac Genius...I heard that a new model is in stores...Do you think that will help?

Please Register or Log in to view images