Different Method Of Restoring?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by PandaNoob, Mar 11, 2009.

1. PandaNoob

PandaNoob New Member

I was wondering if there is a different way of restoring the ipod touch 2g instead of using the itunes program (like if the apple store uses a different program to restore or whatever)? I have a problem with mines because the tethered jailbreak messed my ipod up, when I get to the restoring part my screen goes black instead of having the restoring bar at the bottem and I get an error.

Please Register or Log in to view images

What happens when I restore just before it goes to the restoring bar my screen turns back to white and then black looked like it just turns off. Plz Help

I have tried almost all method but still does the same thing, I want it to restore so I can use the un-tethered jailbreak but every time I restore my screen turns white and then black out.
  2. liammk

liammk New Member

i would like to know this too? (im not having the problem just wondering what apple uses)
  3. khage123

khage123 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    download iClickBoot i think that restores ur ipod, if not restore ur ipod and don't try to jailbreak, its pretty hard to jailbreak a 2g, u have to know what your doing and how to fix it, its not worth it or just wait until theres a official jailbreak thats not tethered or untethered or w.e
  4. Sarcasm Siempre

Sarcasm Siempre New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Apple uses iTunes. That is the only way to restore your iPod. If you're getting errors, go into DFU mode.