different lockscreen then userwallpaper...?

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by ayjolemegetem33, Apr 24, 2009.

1. ayjolemegetem33

ayjolemegetem33 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I know how to make it so your user wallpaper in wintrboard is set to the background of your ipod but whenever you set the user wallpaper to something, it also makes the lockscreen wallpaper the same thing. is there anyway you can make the background and lockscreen bacground different?
  2. ssjgohan4life

ssjgohan4life New Member

You have to use a lockscreen mod or make a theme.

In your theme folder make a folder called something like MyTheme.theme and in there put your desired lock screen bg and name it LockBackground.png and apply it in winterboard.

I'm slowly building my own theme and thats how I did mine.

Attached Files:

3. ayjolemegetem33

ayjolemegetem33 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    how do i do that? do i have to do that SSH thing? cuz i have no clue how to do that
  4. ssjgohan4life

ssjgohan4life New Member

Download SBSettings from cydia, you can open it from the spring board by touching the status bar on top and drag down, make sure SSH is ON.

Once that is done you need to download a FTP program, I use WinSCP. Once you have the program open login to your touch by intering your I.P. Address and username root password alpine, if you get it to work you will be able to browse thru all the files on your device, just don't modify anything unless you know what your doing. To use your own image follow the steps I mentioned earlier. It you can't get it to work just find a lockscreen/battery theme you like on cydia.
  5. kevinn

kevinn New Member

Can you list the exact folder names i need to create and where to put the folder in WinSCP?
  6. patrese

patrese New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Yes.

First you choose or create two png files, one to use as a wallpaper and one to use as locksceen background.
    The wallpaper has to be named Wallpaper.png and the locksceen background needs to be named LockBackground.png . These files need to have the dimensions of 320x480 px's.

using winscp (see instructions above) go to
    private/var/stash/Themes.XXXX (the XXXX will be different for each device, so I don't know what yours is)

inside this Themes.XXXX folder create a folder named Dummy

using winscp copy the files you created (Wallpaper.png and LockBackground.png) into your new folder named Dummy

On your ipod open winterboard
    At the top of the list you will see Dummy
    Flag Dummy as active
    Respring
  7. kevinn

kevinn New Member

@Patrese

Thanks it worked great!
  8. patrese

patrese New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    np

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. kevinn

kevinn New Member

Hey Patrese

I have some pictures i took on a trip, and i cant adjust the image to 320x480 pixels. do you know of any software (free if possible) that i can use? right now i have irfanview. thanks again.
  10. patrese

patrese New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    I'll pm you kevinn