Different kind of boot logo question after 3.0 jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by Zeitgeist, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    My ipod 2g ran out of battery so I went to go plug it in. I first plugged it into my xbox 360, which gives it enough juice to make it boot like normal before I even turn on the 360. This time though, I plugged it in, went to the bathroom, came back to turn my 360 on and the screen was still blank (lit up..but blank).
    I unplugged it from the 360 and plugged it into my pc to get started on a thorough winscp session. But after the apple logo it would just stay on that blank screen. If i leave it alone, it would come back to the apple logo and the loader circle but then again to the blank screen. It never gets to the lock screen.
    Did I mess something up by unplugging it before it booted while connected to the 360? Maybe the battery was still borderline dead when I switched to the pc and it got stuck in the boot process? I restored it to the 3.0 and will re-jailbreak it but I don't want to go through this again. It's like having a tethered jail break.
  2. DarkWrath

DarkWrath Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    did you by any chance install the dodgy SBSettings 3.0 update?

In my opinion you should just go ahead and re-jb, but this time keep track of what you install. If it happens again you will know what caused it and be able to to fix it/steer clear of it
  3. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks, I heard sb was giving people problems but I thought the sb 3.0-1 fixed that?
    It happened again today when I tried to restart my springboard after installing something in cydia. I believe it was the 5 icon dock. I installed and restarted my springboard maybe 3 times in the half hour before it happened. I guess I will have to re-jailbreak for the 5th time in 2 days...
  4. trumpetfreak895

trumpetfreak895 New Member

my battery also died and it stays on the apple logo screen and sometimes it goes to a low battery symbole and stays there for a while then goes back to the apple logo...it will also sorta reboot and try to restart but still get stuck on the apple logo...

thanks for the help!
  5. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    No sb settings this time, no blank screen freezes so far....