Different between MS users and Apple users

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Applefan69, Nov 24, 2007.

1. Applefan69

Applefan69 New Member

I don't know about you guys, but i noticed, that with all this trust we as community put into each other. All it'd take is just one evil person to go out and make a malicious iPot/iPhone app and we could all end up with a bunch of bricked iPods.

Im just stating, we all trust each other a tad to much if ya know what i mean.

But then that go me thinking, usually Microsoft fans dont trust noone, ya know why? Because they are paranoid of getting viruses. One day i told a friend to download skype (an obviously trustable site) but he refused because he said last thing he wants if spyware or a virus.

Meanwhile us mac/apple fans we hardly think twice, i don't know about you guys but i download and install apps without thinking twice or researching them first all the time.

I guess it's cause i trust you all. But that just brings me back to what i said at the beggining of this post.

Interesting thing to point out.

When an exploit is discovered in a windows OS, you can BET there will be virus makers sleeping well that night.

But when an exploit is discovered in an apple product (lets take the iPhone for example) the community will work together to use that exploit to make the iPhone better.

Not much purpose to this topic im just pointing out some interesting thoughts i had.
  2. zacaj

zacaj New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well, i run windows(hate mac), but I dont think twice before downloading and installing anything. The worst ive gotten is a program that looks like the blue screen of death
  3. Applefan69

Applefan69 New Member

then i stand corrected. It is a stereotype that PC's are bad and have many issues, recently they aren't so bad so i apologize if you got offended by my stereotype.

But i still stand by macs, and i still think macs are the best computer available.
  4. PaviSays

PaviSays New Member

Well, that "worst" encounter that you had is more than I've had in 7 years of Macs. Not a single problem.

Please Register or Log in to view images

I'm just glad this community makes everything possible for both sides of the argument easily. I had lots of trouble perfecting my iPod Video back in the day to work perfectly with iBoy on the iPod Linux. This site, however, has been a completely different story.

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. Mint-Berry Crunch

Mint-Berry Crunch Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    I had many issues with windows vista, so I went back to windows XP media. I love it. But I do have an iBook g4 as well. I love that even more! Personally, I have 0 problems with my mac (other than a 3 year old battery finally giving out). I have had issues with windows but nothing too much. I think the greatest problem i have had on a windows machine was having a harddisk go out.
  6. zacaj

zacaj New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well, the main reason I hate mac, is that there are lots less programs for it, and that I cant do anything that Apple doesnt want me too, I cant access my entire harddrive, etc. Im sure if I had one, Id figure it out, but, its not worth it
  7. Elric

Elric New Member

I'm not sure what programs you are looking for (must be games though, which you can easily do in Parallels and Bootcamp and tonnes of other VM's) but I can run everything I ever ran on my PC and then some, and waaaay easier (ie productive) as well. I get to spend a LOT more time with my family.

I don't under stand what you can't do because Apple says so. That doesn't make any sense. Could you explain?

As for accessing your "Entire Harddrive", just click on it, and voila... an all access pass! And it defaults so you can access it right from your desktop (but I found that pointless so I removed it from there).

As you can tell I have loved my Mac's (Mini, iBook G4, and 2 Macbooks) for the past 3 years.
  8. zacaj

zacaj New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    eg: I cant access the itunes library, there arent any good N64 emulators,
  9. hkkkkkkp

hkkkkkkp New Member

you can multiboot with windows and backup & restore with winpe which os x can't, you can disable hardware in windows to diagnose problem....you can get thousand hardware configuration and you can setup the bios anyway you like.....
    while os x have usb overdrive or steermouse which you can set your mouse or joystick buttons anyway you like, while windows only have setpoint which do similar jobs but it only work with logitech product....
  10. jmiz9000

jmiz9000 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    wat does this have to do with the ipod??????????????
    zacaj arent u like a poggrammer
    and u like windows better then mac
    thats cool i use windows lol
    which windows? ex xp, vista