different behaviour with iphones with 3.1.3 firmware

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by paul_b, May 1, 2010.

1. paul_b

paul_b New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hi,
    Both my wife and myself have bought 2nd hand iphones 3Gs. We dont want to be tied to a network so were hoping to jailbreak them. Although the firmware on these are 3.1.3.

The behaviour of them is different though when we turn them on. When I turn my iphone on I cant do anyhing but make emergency calls. Although my wifes iphone I can see and use the applications.

Can someone please explain why they are different? Is my wifes iphone already unlocked?
  2. Jayden

Jayden Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Ok, the one that you can only do emergeny calls on it probably has been locked and is only avaliable on one network.

The other one I suppose is unlocked and you can do anything.

What I would do is check to see if this is on O2 network.
  3. paul_b

paul_b New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    My wifes is on vodaphone
  4. Jayden

Jayden Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Ok, if vodafone doesn't work in your iPhone, then it's locked and you can only get O2 network.
  5. paul_b

paul_b New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I thought that when it was unlocked then it could be used on any network? Thought that was the idea...
  6. ZhiZhi778

ZhiZhi778 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    your wifes iphone is unlocked at the moment yours isn't...connect it to itunes and give us information about firmware, model, etc. itunes should say something about "iphone not activated" or sth like that though...
  7. paul_b

paul_b New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I have connected it to iutnes. Its a 16GB ipohne with firmware 3.1.3. Othere than that there is only the model number. What else do you require?

I have a three sim card that I have put in. On the left hand side at the top it shows little underscores, like it cant connect to the network. I have searched the internet and change the settings in General -> settings -> network -> Cellular Data Network. But this didnt seem to make much difference!!!

Hope you can help.
  8. ZhiZhi778

ZhiZhi778 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    it is definetely locked - it indeed CAN connect to network but doesn't wants to^^
    it shows you "very little signal" bar on the upper left hand corner - that is a sign for a failed activation - so yours is locked...we'd need for the baseband information...you can only retrieve that easily if you can access the settings.app therefore you have to jailbreak...
    if we know the baseband, firmware and model altogether we can see if there is an unlock possible at the moment

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. paul_b

paul_b New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    how do you find that out? is there a website i can go to?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Cant see were the baseband is. But the
    firmware is 3.1.3
    model is MC131B.
    Just found out them. They are

firmware: 3.1.3 (7E18)
    baseband: 05.12.01
    model: MC131B

Hope you can help.
    Can someone please help???
  10. xXrkidXx

xXrkidXx Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Oh.. Well you might be in a pickle.. 5.12.01 baseband wont be unlocked until the new iPhones are out.. The people who found the exploit are saving them. But you can still buy a no contract sim from 3(or whatever carrier supports the iPhone) and don't say it's for an iPhone.. Just say that you want a SIM card. they wont give you a contract on that. Then just pop it in. But once the unlock/jailbreak is available you can then jailbreak and unlock.

Actually, just thought of something. http://ih8sn0w.com/index.php/products/view/f0recast.snow Click that link, It should download a file, save it to your desktop. Plug in your iPhone and tell us everything it says. But if iTunes opens, close it.

EDIT

I'm sorry, click that link and then download the f0recast for your OS. (Windows or OS X)