Differences between different f/w Other.artwork files

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by VViper, May 28, 2008.

1. VViper

VViper New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ok, I've tried searching but I didn't find the answers I needed.

I have a few question relating to the Other.artwork file that I need to know to be able to properly do my project which I shall explain in a minute.

Firstly I need to know the main differences between the different Other.artwork files. I am on 1.1.3 and my files in the Other.artwork are named "Other-ver113_###" the #'s represent the numbers that distinguish the files. Obviously the 113 is the firmware so I would like to make sure that the other firmwares follow this naming pattern, eg 1.1.1 = "...ver111..." etc. Can anyone confirm this or not.

Secondly I have read somewhere that the Other.artwork files from 1.1.3 and 1.1.4 are compatible, does anyone know this to be true?

Finally is the naming system for the different firmware versions of the other.arrwork the same format, meaning does it have the "Other-verFIRMWARE HERE_###" also are all the files still the same and in the same order/end number?

The reason why I need to know this? Well I was going to keep it under wraps but seeing as I am asking for help I may as well tell you why I need the help. I am creating a programme that helps you build your own Other.artwork file easily. Currently its in very early stages so no beta or alpha testing as of yet so please do not request to test, if you do so it will be a no and you won't be asked when I need beta testers. Anyway in a few days I will create a thread dedicated to the new programme which I will keep updated as the project grows.

Thanks very much,
    Viper
  2. VViper

VViper New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Anyone? I really need to know this. If someone could also upload their Other.artwork file from any firmware, 1.1.1, 1.1.2 or 1.1.4, I have 1.1.3. Thanks!