Difference between partial DFU mode and true DFU mode?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by JohnFa, Aug 4, 2008.

1. JohnFa

JohnFa New Member

I keep getting the 1602 message when trying to restore my iPod using the custom firmware.
    Read somewhere that this is because it's in partial DFU mode and it needs to be in true DFU mode. What's the difference, and how do I know the difference?
  2. Fehr

Fehr New Member

There is a difference, but really, there's no such thing as "partial DFU mode." Just some retards made it up and it spread like a virus. Pretty much, what people mean by "partial DFU mode" is you're not actually in DFU mode. If you have a "Connect to iTunes" picture on your iPod when you try to enter DFU mode, it simply means that you've hit the infamous, Restore mode.

The "true DFU mode" is only "true" when you're IPOD OR IPHONE'S SCREEN IS COMPLETELY BLACK. B-L-A-C-K.

Problems entering DFU mode? Take a snippy look on YouTube. If you can count, or have a clock, then it should be easy. If you can't do it, make SURE that you're on the correct FW before attempting to enter DFU mode (e.g. If you're trying to use Winpwn to pwn 2.0 FW, you MUST, and I CANNOT stress this enough, you MUST be on 2.0 FW BEFORE YOU ATTEMPT DFU MODE).