diff backgrounds for each page

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by yakzach@hotmail.com, Dec 24, 2007.

1. yakzach@hotmail.com

yakzach@hotmail.com New Member

does any one no of an app so each page of icons can hav diff wallpaper for example have all the origonal apps in the origanal places and have just those but then flick to another page and have all the 3rd party apps and diff wallpaper? please reply!
  2. Paintball

Paintball New Member

Um, i dont think that they have figured out how to do this yet. this may or may not be possible, but its not available right now, if ever. Sorry.
  3. markymarkdotcom

markymarkdotcom New Member

has anyone tried making the wallpaper.png twice as wide? to see if that would work?

try it and let me know what happens im interested!
  4. yakzach@hotmail.com

yakzach@hotmail.com New Member

damn welll ok i wish that was pssible
  5. Collateral

Collateral Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Itr would either crop itself or resize itself...
  6. markymarkdotcom

markymarkdotcom New Member

but would it crop itself.. then bleed off the screen to the second page?
  7. sean22

sean22 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    no actually it screws up your ipod and makes your apps stretch accross the sceen,
    like when your computer is not responding and you drag a page, and it makes like a million behind it.
  8. Vision_Again

Vision_Again New Member

Device:
    iPad
    ya its not possible yet
  9. oO Wallace Oo

oO Wallace Oo New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    If You Really Want Two Wallpapers, Read This, and I mean really

Hey All
    I was tinkering with my iPod ealier and a had a small EUREKA moment.. How do you get two wallpapers? Maybe, if I change the code for summerboard, no wait I can't do anything like that. What about .plist files they do stuff when changed or maybe some other combination of coding things <Insert coding Jibber-Jabber>. I don't even know what I am talking about.

Then Bang !!! It hit me. If you have read the thread that was posted "Looks like we're really slacking over here!", you will have noticed that parts of the icons have been incorporated into the wallpaper to give some awesome looking themes. So, why not the other way round ? Icons being part or in fact all of the wallpaper. A Mosaic Wallpaper, perhaps. One built up of the background of the icons.

By carefully cutting a wallpaper into 16 rectangles, 80x96,and making them the bottom layer/raster/background thing of the icons they will build up into your desired wallpaper when they are put in the right order on your springboard. And before I get one hundred replys about how icons can't be that big, icons can be bigger than 60x60, it just means they cover the app names (but who has the app names still on these days). I haven't bothered to actually make a proper theme implementing this idea, but I made a rough (and I mean really rough) prototype theme. Basically putting the icons on a white background, but it does work. If anyone really really wants to have two wallpapers, go for it !!!

By the way there are a few minor things that i haven't figured out, like what to do with the dock, and there is a slight boarder around it, but other than that Good Luck !!!

Oh Yeah I haven't posted screenshots as I think there would be a few people that would say I photoshopped them and I don''t have any sort of camera to make a video.... your just going to have to trust me, IT WORKS if you could be bothered cutting up wallpapers into rectangles.

EDIT: Ok I tested it out with a picture and there is some slight overlap between icons, this may be probably due to the boarder thing, so the dimensions I stated are abit off.