Didnt get a replacement Ipod?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Rocketpaul, Aug 27, 2009.

1. Rocketpaul

Rocketpaul New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Last week i sent in my ipod to get a replacement. Its battery wasnt lasting long around 7 hours, and it seem to over heat very often. A week later they are saying they are shipping back my old ipod, claiming nothing is wrong with it. Apparently product meets Apple specifications for performance, usability, and functionality. Im not impressed what can i do?

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well considering they place the battery life at 6 hours for just playing video, playing lots of apps will suck the battery out of it like there's no tomorrow. There could well be nothing wrong with it
  3. Rocketpaul

Rocketpaul New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    but that is just music though. This is very anyonying. I feel like i should break it on purpose and send it back to them.
  4. onyieff

onyieff New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ^^ now that, would be the stupid move that may as well void u out of your warranty. btw sometimes its better to set up an appointment and speak to the actual geniuses,
  5. Rocketpaul

Rocketpaul New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    oh i see what u mean. good point
  6. iBoss™

iBoss™ Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The iPod touch was built for music (and maybe video), PERIOD.

When the App Store got released (after the iPod touch), Apple was reluctant to put it on the iPod touch because of the battery life but they did anyway, probably because they didnt want to deal with the abuse.

With the release of the iPod touch 2G (after the App Store), its battery was more designed for it, although the iPod touch will never be "built" to run applications and games. And games have gotten A LOT more battery-draining since 2.0, and thats for sure.

Maybe with the release of the new iPod touch 3G, you might see a change, but I doubt it will be drastic.

But with the release of the Apple Tablet, its battery will last a LONG ASS TIME, since it really is a MacBook Mini 2
  7. Rocketpaul

Rocketpaul New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i have a 2g lol i only use it for music. It get hot really easily. Hopefully the 3g will be better. Not sure if im going to buy it though.
  8. iBoss™

iBoss™ Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It only gets hot if playing intense memory-consuming games, or if you use it while plugged in.

If it just "gets hot", take it to an Apple Store *immediately*.
    It could turn out to be a dangerous hazard.

The 3G should fix a lot of the common problems such as heating, and battery life.