did they make 3rd gen 8GB touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mvmacd, Sep 13, 2010.

1. mvmacd

mvmacd Member

I look here on wikpiedia and it shows every gen but the 3rd has a 8GB model. So I've been looking up Touches on ebay lately, and I often see an 8GB touch called "2nd/3rd generation". But did they make a 8GB model?
    Or is the 3rd gen 8GB touch really a 2nd gen??

Please Register or Log in to view images

oh, and, I got a broken 3rd gen 8gb touch ["screen doesn't show up", not sure why not], it should come tomorrow. I'm hoping I can fix it, if I do, should I upgrade to version 4 firmware? It is jailbroken now, but I heard you can't jailbreak version 4 yet, and somewhere else I heard you can.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Jazz2

Jazz2 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    yeah, the 8gb third gen is a 2nd gen 8gb. Its what they always refer to 8gb MC model
  3. mvmacd

mvmacd Member

Oh, I do recall reading something about "MC" model while looking up how to jailbreak. Soo um, if the 3rd gen 8GB is really a 2nd gen 8GB, what is the difference between the 2nd gen 8GB and the "3rd gen" 8gb?? Like do they have the same internal parts [slower CPU]??
    I read on that wikipedia page that the CPUs are all underclocked, cept for 4th gen. So if you ran them at regular speeds, it shouldn't be bad for them? Is there any way to do this with a jailbroken one [regular clock speed]??
  4. GazaIan

GazaIan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    The "3rd Gen 8GB" is really just a second Gen with a fixed bootrom, nothing special. so the 8GB never had a 3rd Gen model.