did something wrong?(doom)

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by TheJeebs, Dec 31, 2007.

1. TheJeebs

TheJeebs New Member

so i got on the forums like an hour or so ago..and i saw that doom is available for the ipod touch...finally a first person shooter although i hear that the controls arent very good as of right now...idc...so i downloaded the shareware file or w/e named it doom1.wad threw it in the doom folder i made in the media folder....went to my ipod and i saw no icon for it..looked around with mobile finder and found that its not even an application on my ipod

plz tell me wat i did wrong
    i searched for like 20 minutes for a tutorial on this but was unsuccessful(doom,Doom tutorial,and. doom how to)

help appreciated
  2. gamer4eva

gamer4eva Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    From what you said, seems like you forgot the download the actual application. If you go back to the site you should be able to download a file called Doom.0.1.zip or something like that. From what I read, you only downloaded the WAD file. The application runs like an emulator and the WAD file acts like the ROM file. Don't forget to change permissions when you put the Doom application. I hope this helps as this is as much help I can give. As of right now I cannot successfully run the Doom application as it constantly crashes for me.

~gamer4eva
  3. TheJeebs

TheJeebs New Member

hahaha didnt realize that...thank you very much
    i suppose i gotta go get that then
    lol
  4. jvandervalk

jvandervalk Member

Permissions?

How do you change permissions?

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. shotgunfool

shotgunfool Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    in your ssh client right click on the file Properties Then at the bottom change the number from whatever 4 digit number it is to 0755
  6. thind06

thind06 New Member

same here the game crashes any one else?