Did I properly restore my iPod?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dd_ny, Sep 21, 2010.

1. dd_ny

dd_ny New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    My iPod 3g was giving me trouble, so I had to return it for a refund (it worked out well though, because I was able to put the money towards the 4g).

However, my computers at the time were giving me trouble. I couldn't hook my iPod up to them to restore it properly (I can't remember exactly why, but I think for whatever reason my desktop wasn't registering my iPod when I plugged it in, and my laptop was probably at repairs at the time), so I just went to that reset option you can select on your iPod under settings and told it to reset EVERYTHING.

It said something along the lines of clearing the iPod, and when it was done, it gave me that screen that tells you to plug your iPod into iTunes. I'm assuming that means it got rid of its firmware in the process, or at least its memory.

Anyways, I returned my iPod, and never thought of it again, but do you think there is any way my information is still on it? I highly doubt it, but just thought I'd ask.
  2. alphonse3344

alphonse3344 Well-Known Member

When you went to Settings>General>Reset, did you pick the second option that said "Erase all content and settings on iPod?"
  3. ThaKoRnKiD

ThaKoRnKiD New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Nope, that exactly how it should look...it should pop up telling you to connect to Itunes...your good dude.
  4. dd_ny

dd_ny New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I'm pretty sure that's what I picked. It was a few months back, back that sounds about right. I know there are two differnt options, one being just to delete settings and the other to delete the content too or something like that. i chose the one that would delete the most.
  5. alphonse3344

alphonse3344 Well-Known Member

And then did the Apple logo pop up with loading bar?
    And then had the iTunes logo with the USB Cable below it?
    If so, then yes, your iPod had been completely wiped.
  6. ThaKoRnKiD

ThaKoRnKiD New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    You're good to go...thats what I picked as well when I sold mine. I think as long as you get the screen saying to plug it into Itunes, then that means there is nothing on the iPod at all until you activate the iPod/
  7. magic8ball88

magic8ball88 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Was it jailbroken? Not sure if you're 100% in that case. Who did you return it to?
  8. dd_ny

dd_ny New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yup. Thanks guys! I guess I'm fine. Mods, feel free to close this thread.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Oh man, I really don't remember if it was jailbroken. I don't think so, because I had just updated to 4.0. I doubt it was. I returned it to Amazon.

BTW, nice pic, Lol. I see we are both dog people.