Did I do the right thing?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by namtaffy, Jul 2, 2010.

1. namtaffy

namtaffy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I decided to get an iPhone and was waiting for the iPhone4, but three uk released a plan on which they gave the iphone 3gs 32gb for free on a £35 per month (24 month) contract with 900 mins, unlimited texts and 1GB data. To get an iPhone 4 for £35 per month I would have to pay £189 up front. With all the complaints of screen blemishes and the infamous antenna issue, did I do the right thing in getting the 3GS and waiting till next June and the next iPhone and skipping the 4 completely (my other contract is up for upgrade next June). What would have you done? because I have two contracts, each comes up for renewal in June on alternate years, so every June I get an upgrade... (oh, I'm not greedy, 2 contracts, 1 mine, 1 is my wife's, but she lets me have the new phones as she don't care so much about shiny new smartphones, and has my "old" ones... lol)
  2. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

There will always be another iPhone. Each year brings us another new revision. And, as with most high dollar purchases, there will be buyers' remorse. You have to ask yourself if you are happy. If you are happy and you feel as if you are receiving a better deal, then you have made the right choice. If you aren't happy, or you feel slighted in anyway, then you made the wrong choice.

EDIT: If it matters, I solely used my first generation iPhone until iOS 4 was announced. Since there is no support for the original iPhone, and there will be no iOS 4 release for the original iPhone, I finally put it back in its box. I've since been using my iPhone 3G. I hate that phone. I hate the design, I hate the feel, I hate the screen, I hate so many things about it. Because of that, I never bothered to get the iPhone 3G S. I also likely won't be getting the iPhone 4 either. Maybe the next iPhone, or the phone after that. Who knows?

The point is, the newest shiniest gadget isn't always the most appropriate gadget.
  3. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    You did the right thing. You'll soon have an upgrade for the iPhone 5.
  4. namtaffy

namtaffy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I'm pretty happy with the choice! I feel it's a bargain really as a month ago there is no way that deal would have been around. It's just a pitty I let iTunes upgrade me to ios4 as now I have no way to jailbreak this unless the kind people in the dev team release a new tool. Having said that, I do like the extra functionality ios4 brings (having experienced 3.x.x on my touch)

Just need to find some really good app/game recommendations now as I'm convinced there's a lot I'm missing!

Cheers for the replies
  5. Raist3001

Raist3001 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    ...Nor always apple

Please Register or Log in to view images

I think you did the right thing. I went with the 3GS so I could have all of iOS4. And I have not regretted that decision given all the problems the iPhone 4 is currently having. Not to mention I hate the design of the iPhone 4. I'll be ready for an upgrade next year and with the new year, will bring a new iPhone

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. simons94

simons94 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    i did the same thing and i couldnt be happier!...couldnt be happier!
  7. IcEtMaCcA

IcEtMaCcA New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    good deal
  8. namtaffy

namtaffy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    At least I know I'm in good company! Very happy to be giving the 4 a miss. Hopefully apple won't make the same mistakes next year! (not to offend any iPhone 4 owners, I really hope apple sort out the problems for you guys)