did i break my ipod?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by 11221212, Mar 10, 2009.

1. 11221212

11221212 New Member

so while i was installing libusb-win32 to jailbreak my ipod i had my ipod plugged in. after instalation i picked up my ipod to play a game of cube runner and my ipod had a picture of a usb cable, and an arrow pointing to an itunes logo with itunes written underneeth it. im guessing that illistration means to connect to itunes. so after i connect to itunes i get the following message,
    "iTunes could not connect to the iPod "iPod Touch" because it is locked with a passcode. You must enter your passcode on the iPod before it can be used with iTunes."
    so i go back to my iPod and i get the exact same picture as before. so i go into DFU mode and i get a different message,
    "iTunes has detected an ipod in recovery mode. you must restore this ipod to use it with itunes."
    so after i click the "ok" button on the message i click on the "restore" button that is on itunes.
    after clicking i get the following message,
    "Software for this iPod is currently not avaliable. Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes running and try again."
    so this is my dillema. extra information about this is:
    my ipod: 8 GB ipod touch second generation purchased two days ago firmware version 2.2.1
    information about my ipod while connected to itunes in DFU mode:
    Name: iPod
    capacity: n/a
    Software version: n/a
    Serial number: n/a

so that is all the information, if you would like more information i will provide as much as i can, please help me.
  2. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

Place your iPod in DFU mode by keeping it plugged in, then do the following:

-Open your computer clock to help you with the timing
    -Hold Home and Power for 10 seconds
    -Let go of Power, but keep holding home for 10 seconds.
    -You should approach a black screen. Your iPod is in DFU mode.

Now you can restore.
  3. RedNeckBoy1992

RedNeckBoy1992 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    if you dont know what your doing to jail break i would stop because ur not getting anywhere ok save us all from haveing to answer questions
  4. AmazingNachos

AmazingNachos Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    you did it perfect in the last part. instead of clicking restore, hold shift and click restore at the same time, and locate your original firmware
  5. RedNeckBoy1992

RedNeckBoy1992 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    haha nice quotes
  6. 11221212

11221212 New Member

omfg!!!! x0zx u r my savior i love you thankyou soooo soooo soooo much i was soo scared that i was gunna have to buy and ipod for the 3rd time this week!!!! (my other ipod accidentally got put through the washing machine

Please Register or Log in to view images

...) so thankyou soooo soooos ooo much i love you is there anything u want in return??? if so ill try to get it for u but no promises... XD thankyou!!!!!!!!!!
  7. keyboarder

keyboarder Banned

I'm prettysure he wants a cheezburger. LOL