Did anyone just restore to 2.0?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by curlbigtimeballn, Apr 4, 2008.

1. curlbigtimeballn

curlbigtimeballn New Member

Post here and tell me how it went. But only if you restored to 2.0 and were not using pwnage!
  2. bddckr

bddckr Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    PinkScreen. You'll have to activate.
  3. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    If you aren't using pwnage then it isn't happening. 2.0 is pretty lame anyway. Very slow and buggy and nothing all that exciting about it. Pwnage is pretty cool but it isn't fully completed either.
  4. bddckr

bddckr Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yeah 2.0 is for devs dudes.
  5. Whosthatrandom

Whosthatrandom New Member

This is what happens:

1) The firmware loads without a complaint from iTunes. You get the usual message that the iPod will restart in 15 seconds.
    2) You will get what is known as "the pink screen of death" appearing on your iPod, which is the normal connect to iTunes logo but with a pink background.
    3) iTunes will phone home and look up your iPod's serial number in its database of devices that have been registered with an SDK developer's account. It will find that your iPod is not in that list, hence you won't be able to use the device.
    4) Activating or Jailbreaking the device using iLiberty or ZiPhone won't work, and at some point you'll probably get the error where the same text appears over and over again, displaying the same error each time.
    5) At this point the iPod won't be recognised by iTunes, iLiberty or ZiPhone, so you'll be forced to put the device into DFU/Recovery Mode and Restore.

In other words, unless you have a developer's account or can convice someone to add your device to their developer's account list (unlikely), you won't be able to use the 2.0 firmware without first using the pwnage tool to hacktivate the firmware file.
  6. ponyboy99

ponyboy99 New Member

how do I restore back to 1.1.4 if I tried upgrading to 2.0 and got the pink screen? wont let me restore thru itunes.
  7. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    You have to put your device into Recovery mode.

Unplug iPod. Hold Home + Power till it shuts off. Then hold HOME and plug in the iPod.

Then proceed with Restore.
  8. I found out about the pink screen the hard way.