diagnostic

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by egarren, Oct 10, 2007.

1. egarren

egarren New Member

just wondering if anyone knows who to boot the ipod touch in diagnostic mode? thanks.
  2. dualcorex

dualcorex New Member

impossible
  3. skenplus5

skenplus5 New Member

I disagree;

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/articles/comments/ipod-touch-diagnostic-mode-revealed-in-pictures/

While it IS in fact possible to get to the iPod Touch's diagnostic menu, the method of getting there seems to be quite difficult to track down. It could be due to a tight control by Apple, a lack of leaks, or perhaps even a special tool (Through the docking port perhaps?) to unlock/gain access to the menu. I myself am highly interested as I was once trained to fix the older versions, but the "impossible" posted above is quite inaccurate.

Good luck in finding the means to get to it, and if you find a way please post it. I sure will ^^
  4. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Actually, I disagree with your disagree

Please Register or Log in to view images

Those pictures were from someone who's iPod Touch accidentally SHIPPED that way

Please Register or Log in to view images

No one has been able to figure out how to get into those screens, most likely because they only existed in that sample unit that went out accidentally...
  5. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

It wasn't a sample unit, it was a unit that somehow missed having OS X installed on it, only the base function layer (kind of like its BIOS, if you will.)

I'm sure it's possible to get there, but I almost guarantee you'd have to alter the bootloader to do it.
  6. jmiz9000

jmiz9000 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    ya if it was missing it it goes to dignostic mode