DFU troubles!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by RockYoWorld, Mar 23, 2009.

1. RockYoWorld

RockYoWorld New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    OK, first of all, I'm using a Vista 64 bit PC with the LIB USB installed with the Windows XP service Pack 2 compatibility...

I'm jail breaking my iPod Touch 2G

Now, I'm just stuck with the DFU... I've done it soooo many times, but every time, iTunes recognizes it as recovery mode, but no other program (like Quick Freedom) can find an iPod in DFU mode... I've seen my iPod in recovery mode with a black screen and that USB cable with an arrow at iTunes... can anyone help me!!!?!?!?!?! plz???

Oh, and I tried just following instructions using the RUNME.exe, but when I extracted the files, the RUNME wasn't even there!!!!
  2. Chrisschulz

Chrisschulz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    try uninstalling and re-installing quickfreedom. if itunes see's it in recovery then its in. also wrong section. we have a 2g jailbrake section(your reference to quickfreedom) .
  3. RockYoWorld

RockYoWorld New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    OK, first of all I'm sorry I put it in the wrong place. I used my firefox search to look for a help section and it was under iPod touch and not iPod Touch 2G so I thought maybe it was touches in general.

now for the meat of the post:

I FIXED IT!!! If you are running Vista 64 bit, you'll need to follow the instructions in this video --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21wFxw1kwSo in order for the libUSB to work, even if you have LIBUSB running in compatibility mode, vista 64 needs this done to it. The video is by the same guy that made quickfreedom (at least that's what I think) and comes with a download link to the tools needed for it to work. I recomend watching the vid once to see what you need to do, then do it along with him...

Oh, and thanks to Chrisshulz for your post, because even tho your idea didn't work, it made me keep trying and actually lead me to this video.