DFU not working!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by MrRBlack, Aug 26, 2008.

1. MrRBlack

MrRBlack New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I tried doing DFU mode with Itunes and Itunes wont show the ipod touch in DFU mode and gives me a 1601 error.

Quickpwn seems to work but when I get to where it says

Uploading exploit bootloader

it just keeps going forever. How long is it suppost to take?

I have already restore to fresh 2.0.2 with iPod1,1_2.0.2_5C1_Restore.ipsw using itunes and the ipod works fine. But when I try to pwn, it just wont do it.

Now I already extracted the QuickPwnRC3.exe to a folder with dlls and copy the iPod1,1_2.0.2_5C1_Restore.ipsw to it and tried to pwn that way, still same thing, taking forever and not really pwning.

Why wont my DFU work? WTF am I doing wrong? I follow and do exactly what it tells me.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Clownassasin

Clownassasin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ok, i know exactly what your doing wrong( it happens to me all the time lol) ok so heres what you do.....just skip the whole dfu mode thing and when your ipod is detected by itunes, hit shift and click restore, then find your custom ipsw and just let it do its thing
  3. MrRBlack

MrRBlack New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well im trying to pwn 2.0.2 to my ipod touch.
    I thought I had to use quickpwn to jailbreak 2.0.2 firm

Well I tired using winpwn ver.:2.0.0.4 and I get this
    Unknown file: D:\IpodTouch\iPod1,1_2.0.2_5C1_Restore.ipsw

Cant make a custom firm if winpwn not working.
    Cant use itunes if I dont have a custom firm.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Using a custom 2.0.1 fim doing your trick, I get error 6.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I dont know if this matters,

When I go in DFU mode doing quickpwn, windows ask to install unknown drivers for a USB Device. "Found a New Hardware"

If I let it search for drivers own its own, it comes up as, Cannot install, cant find drivers or software. itunes still wont recognize the ipod and quickpwn is still stuck on Installing exploit bootloader.

This is aggravating!
  4. amarellapudi

amarellapudi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    are you on vista cuz this is happening to me to!!
  5. MrRBlack

MrRBlack New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ok I know how to get around this.

I was using my best computer (newest one) and it uses USB 2.0 Win XP Pro

Well I decided to try all my jailbreaking fun in the other room with my older computer.
    My older computer has USB 1.1 Win XP Pro It seems that when you use a slower USB it will jailbreak.

Now I found some other post (somewhere I don't remember) about someone saying something about going into the computer BIOS and change your USB settings to 1.1. I do NOT know if this works. All I did was use a older computer.

Something else I like to note:
    Few days ago I reinstalled my older computer with fresh Win XP Pro. I didn't know there was a new version of Itunes. I downloaded and installed it anyways. My Touch is already jailbroken with 2.0.2.

I canceled the option to download and install newest firmware 2.1 when I plugged in my Touch. I went ahead and installed a new app from app store and let it reback up all my apps. It didn't touch my other apps from Installer or Cydia. I even recopied (SSH) MobileInstallation file after and everything still works!

Using Itunes 8 I can still use app store and copy music and movies and new apps all while still jail broken with 2.0.2.

Just throwing that info out there in case it helps anyone.
  6. Zavonn

Zavonn New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I too, have been plagued with this DFU issue. I've tried EVERYTHING and I still have the same problem. I tried accessing my computer bios, but there is no option to change the usb 2.0 to 1.1 Any hints?
  7. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

iTunes 7.7

:X
  8. teletubie

teletubie New Member

I have the same problems whit my ipod touch 32 gb