dfu mode?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by andythechamp, Aug 6, 2008.

1. andythechamp

andythechamp New Member

no matter what i do i can never get my ipod into dfu mode ive done everything im supposed ive pwned itunes and everything. everytime i hold down sleep and home then let go it starts working then goes black then turns white then goes to recovery mode while saying waiting for ipod on the computer. i dont know what im doing wrong . can anyone out there help??????
  2. jieo

jieo New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ur doin it wrong then.......... ok to do it rite............... make sure ur ipod is plugged in to ur computer........................ hold down the power and home button for like 10 seconds (or wen the redslide comes on)....................... once it gets past the red slider keep on holding both buttons for 2 seconds then let go of the power button but HOLD ON TO HOME BUTTTON ............ hold it until itunes pops up and tells u ur ipod is in recovery mode but ur ipods screen is completely black and says nuthin.............4 me i closed itunes b4 i tried this and it wurked
  3. andythechamp

andythechamp New Member

i tried that it still doesnt work. any ideas?
  4. jieo

jieo New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ok um.. it shud've wurked... wen u held the 2 buttons (home and power) did u actually wait 2 seconds b4 letting go of the power button after the screen went past the power slider??
  5. andythechamp

andythechamp New Member

yeah after that it turns black on the ipod and on the computer its says waiting for ipod then the ipod turns white and shows the recovery logo and it says to restore ipod on the computer
  6. jieo

jieo New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ok wat i did was
    1. while ur ipod is connected 2 ur computer eject it from ur itunes
    2. now while ur ipod is still connected 2 ur computer do the steps 2 get it into dfu again...
    a) hold down both buttons
    b) wait until red power slider comes on
    c) release power button after 2 seconds but keep on holding on home button
    d) ur screen shud b black wen itunes pops up and says ur ipod is in recovery mode

and there hopefully this wurked 4 u
  7. andythechamp

andythechamp New Member

it still doesnt work can anyone help me?????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????
  8. Puberty

Puberty New Member

There's a set of instructions in one of the stickied threads. It's in the one that tells you how to jailbreak 2.0. scroll down to step 7 or something. I can't link you to it because I'm on my touch.
  9. supasta

supasta New Member

Same problem. In the first time i was trying to get it in DFU i succed. Kinda. Screen went black itunes popped up. And after that something installed (some kinda drivers for Ipod in DFU mode) on my comp. And then it went straight in normal recovery mode. Since then no matter what i always stuck in that Normal Recovery mode. Im sure im doin everything right - watched numerous youtube videos and even tryed to go in DFU with Ziphone.
  10. andybno1

andybno1 Banned

ok the suggested method above is for 1.1.X

the 2.0 dfu mode is different

you still need the ipod plugged in first then power the device off
    once the device has turned off wait a couple seconds
    next step is to hold the home and sleep buttons down and count to 10
    when you get to 10 let go of the sleep button (top button) and keep the home button held down till itunes discovers an ipod in recovery mode.

tada your now in dfu mode. The display on the touch will remain as if its powered off the whole time