DFU Mode with iTunes 7.7

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by pmartin35, Aug 2, 2008.

1. pmartin35

pmartin35 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I attempt to put my ipod into DFU mode and I think I'm doing it right (I hear the "Bing Bing") But after that a message tells me that my iPod device could not be recognized. Then iTunes says "Waiting for iPod" and that message eventually turns into a error message and my ipod stays at the black screen, won't turn on and is not recognized by my computer.

Has anyone had/solved this problem.

Thanks
  2. jieo

jieo New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    hey y don't u try this (btw A LOT of ppl post this type of question)

1. plug ur ipod bak into ur computer
    2. wen itunes says it stuff hold down ur power and home button for like 10 or 13 seconds
    3. itunes should say it found ur ipod in recovery mode
    4. restore it to 2.0 if u want (well u really don't have a choice)

DFU PART

5. then wen ur ipod is fully restored (dont take ur ipod out of ur computer) hold ur POWER and HOME button (just like a reboot for the ipod touch)
    6. wen it gets past the red slider to turn ur ipod off WAIT 2 SECONDS then let go of ur power button BUT KEEP ON HOLDING ON TO UR HOME BUTTON
    7. keep on holding it until itunes recoginzes it and it should say it found an ipod in recovery mode and voila ur done ( u can tell wen it's in DFU mode wen ur screen is black and itunes sends that msg)
  3. cooljoe57

cooljoe57 New Member

I had the same problem as pmartin35, but after searching for HOURS I tried your method and everything worked smoothly! THANK YOU SO MUCH JIEO!!!!!