DFU MODE No Longer Works AT ALL

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by JointRolla420, Feb 7, 2009.

1. JointRolla420

JointRolla420 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yes, I have already posted a thread about this, but I shouldn't have talked the way I did.

This is what happened:

I have a jailbroken iPod Touch 2G, I have been using it for a few days now and I have a custom theme installed and I am using the app "Categories"
    I was changing the settings for my app "SBSettings" and when I closed the app it reloaded my springboard like usual, however this time it FROZE completely in the loading screen so I powered down my iPod. Now obviously I had to connect it to my computer to restart, which never has been a problem. UNTIL NOW. My iPod DOES NOT enter DFU mode, and again I KNOW you are going to say I am doing the wrong button sequence but i am NOT so dont even mention that please. I have done it about 100 times before, and NEVER had any troubles getting into DFU mode until this day. I know how to get into DFU, HOME+POWER (10 Sec) and release POWER then continue holding HOME for 8 Sec. so obviously that is NOT the problem. Please help, because it is a problem beyond incorrect button sequences as i have been trying to enter DFU mode now for 3 hours and still no luck. I am sure it does not go into DFU mode because iTunes does not detect my iPod at all, nor does 1ClickBoot. The odd time if i get REALLY lucky windows will popup a message saying "Device Not Recognized" but 1ClickBoot still says it is not in DFU mode. BTW i have tried it on both PC's and different USB cables/ports. It just doesnt work anymore. I really think that my iPod might be bricked.
  2. iJjfine

iJjfine New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It's probably not bricked, and how long did you wait until you powered down? Lolz.

Btw, if your PC recognizes it just use iRecovery commands to boot it.
  3. CalebMingle

CalebMingle Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You can't just "use iRecovery commands" to boot it.

It has to be in DFU/Recovery modes.

Are you getting any USB chimes when you are plugging/unplugging your iPod, as it is being turned on/off?
  4. Sctt

Sctt New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Just use Recovery Mode and stop complaining.

EVERYONE who thinks their iPod Touch has been bricked isn't looking for answers or different ways to fix a simple boot issue, they're just going straight to this forum and making a thread. It has been answered many times over, and you're a dumbass for not looking at the 10 other "Bricked" threads on the first page.

God damn, search the forums first.
  5. Legendairy

Legendairy New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    10 seconds may be overdoing it, this works perfect:

Use a timer < Hold Home and Power together for 7 seconds, release Power but continue holding Home for another 7 seconds >

Again USE A TIMER.
  6. JointRolla420

JointRolla420 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I waited like 15 minutes, it was frozen. thats for sure

i am not aware of iRecovery commands can you plz inform me about that and how to do it, and no i get no chimes whatsoever
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    actually i didnt post a topic here, untill 3 hours of trying to boot unsuccessfully
  7. Brewstermax

Brewstermax New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I have a friend who said something about being able to take off the ALoD timeout thing. You could try that to see if it will boot. I don't know anything about it, but someone else may. Also, try holding home for 5, both for 10, and home alone for 30.
  8. iScorp

iScorp Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Even better, don't use a timer at all. Don't even bother counting.
    Just plug it in, push the buttons and wait for the hardware found/removed sound. There is no way you can screw up that way.
  9. Legendairy

Legendairy New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Did you see my above post?

Again, 10 seconds might be over doing it so try this:

Use a timer < Hold Home and Power together for 7 seconds, release Power but continue holding Home for another 7 seconds >

Again USE A TIMER.
  10. CalebMingle

CalebMingle Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    That really works when he said he wasn't getting any USB chimes

Please Register or Log in to view images