DFU mode issue

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by crazysamm94, Jul 27, 2008.

1. crazysamm94

crazysamm94 New Member

Hello,
    I've read all the reviews and watched all the videos I can but I just cant seem to get my ipod into dfu mode. Maybe I'm doing this wrong? But I've watched all the videos and read all the tutorials but I can get it into DFU so I can put the restore onto my ipod touch 2.0 so it is jailbroken. Can anyone help me? I'd really appreciate it if you could. Thank you :]
  2. sucram6791

sucram6791 New Member

did u hold the home and sleep button and then after ten seconds let go of the sleep button?

google iclarified its the 1st one
  3. terror110987

terror110987 New Member

I had the same problem. However, thanks to Manic Nimrod and a lot of other people, I got it to work. Did you make sure to update to 2.0 first? Did you pwn your iTunes with your custom fw?
  4. crazysamm94

crazysamm94 New Member

Yes I have pwned my Itunes with the custom fw. Yes my ipod is on the update 2.0 and I have tried holding the home and sleep button for 10 seconds then letting go of the sleep button and still holding the home button. I have no clue what to do.
  5. terror110987

terror110987 New Member

Well, one thing you could try is using iLiberty to boot your iPod into DFU mode, though it didn't work for me... (it just gave me a red-screened restore mode).

When I booted my iPod, I had it on the springboard screen, then I did the DFU mode with a timer, and based on the beeps that resonated from my computer's speakers.
  6. crazysamm94

crazysamm94 New Member

Ughh when I hold the home button and the sleep button, after about 5 secs, it turns black, then if i hold it for the next 5 secs, it restarts again. x.x but wont go into dfu mode. And even if i release the sleep button after 10 secs nothing happens
  7. Manic Nimrod

Manic Nimrod Well-Known Member

Get to the normal 2.0 springboard.

Once done. Connect iPod to PC. Turn of iPhone/iPod. Then Hold both power and home button for 10 seconds. Then release the power button. Hold the home button for 10 seconds(about that) Then itunes so find the ipod. But if iTunes finds the iPod/iPhone and the iPod/iPhone has a image on the screen then it wont work, the screen must be black for it to work. Hope you understand that.
  8. crazysamm94

crazysamm94 New Member

Horay ! Iliberty workedd... but now i got error 6 when restoring it to the custom restore. Joy x.x now what?
  9. Manic Nimrod

Manic Nimrod Well-Known Member

Its not in DFU correctly. Try the way i posted. I had the exact same issue.
  10. crazysamm94

crazysamm94 New Member

Okay... Problem though. I can't get it out of DFU mode that was used by iliberty. How do I do this?