DFU Mode Help!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Angelus1818, Jul 25, 2008.

1. Angelus1818

Angelus1818 New Member

Hello guys!!!

I have been doing alot of ggoleing and found out that you can downgrade 2.0 firmware to 1.1.4? First off is this true? lol sorry i'm a noob. Also I have uninstalled itunes and instyalled version 7.5 of itunes. This is what i'm supposed to do right? I am beyond confused but mainly here is my problem...

You need to get in what is called DFU mode for the process to work. I can't seem to do it. I follow the steps and I always ewnd up in recovery mode. This will not do. I really need help. How do I get in DFU mode? I thought you do this...

1: Turn on your ipod and go to your ipods home menu.

2: Then hold the home button and power button untill you get a black screen, keep holding both buttons for two seconds and then release the power button but continue to hold the home button.

3: when your computer recognizes your ipod release the home button. You should now be in DFU mode.

I do just that and i'm always in recovery mode!!! EVERY TIME!!! AHHH!!! It sucks!!!Please help me...How to downgrade 2.0 to 1.1.4 so I can jailbreak my ipod touch. thanks...really it means alot!!!
  2. Gman4354

Gman4354 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    itunes sees it as recovery mode

1. Hold Power Button and turn off device
    2. Wait 5 seconds
    3. Hold Power + Home Button For 10 seconds
    4. Let go of power button but keep pressing the home button for 10 seconds
    5. itunes will open and say "your ipod is in recovery mode and you need to restore"

DFU mode is just a deeper type of restore
  3. Angelus1818

Angelus1818 New Member

Thank you so much for your reply!!! You have cleared things up. Also I toatlly forgot that you have to do Shift + Restore!!! DUH!!! I am so werid!!! lol thanks for help though...You rule!!!
  4. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
  5. Gman4354

Gman4354 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    no problem thats what i'm here to do

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. Angelus1818

Angelus1818 New Member

Hey guys!!! I have jailbreaked!!!woot!!! I am at 1.1.4 cfw on my iPod touch 8 gig. I thank all of you that have helped me get to this place. I'm sorry my post isn't longer but I'm responding on my iPod...JAILBROKEN!!! Cya!!!
  7. bichiliad

bichiliad New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I had a similar problem. I got my ipod in dfu mode for at least a second: the screen was black, iTunes found a device, and Windows was installing a device called "Apple DFU Recovery" or something like that. However, iTunes opened up, contacted a "restore server," and then a little window came up that said "waiting for iPod." Then, I heard the "disconnect" and "reconnect"noises that windows makes when you plug in/unplug something from a usb port. my iPod screen, went all white, then black, then it booted and displayed the restore image. I was told that if it was in dfu, the screen would be black. Any hints as to what I should do?
  8. Angelus1818

Angelus1818 New Member

bichiliad,

I am sorry but I am still in "noob" mode. I don't really know what to do though. I havn't heard of this happening before. Maybe, it's a longshot...close all backround programs first? Heck if I know sorry. I know soemone else will get you up and running though just like they did with me. It'll all work out.
  9. citrusleak

citrusleak New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!!!

it is essential to have iunes 7.5 not 7.6 or 7.7 while doing this as the latest 2 versions use techniques to stop jailbreaking and downgrading.
  10. Nopper

Nopper New Member

got exactly the same problem on itunes 7.7 . i tried to get in dfu mode on itunes 7.5 and it worked. but i need itunes 7.7. can anyone help??