DFU mode and White Screen..

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by DS-Magic, Jan 31, 2009.

1. DS-Magic

DS-Magic Member

I have tried various tutorials, and I have made the firmware I needed to, all I need to do is get the damn thing in DFU mode, and then the step where I get the white screen. When I think im successfully in DFU mode, I always fail to get the white screen, so I am wondering if im doing somthing wrong?

I hold both buttons for 10 seconds, let go of the sleep button keepin the home button for 5 and letting to go a black screen... still nothing else works..

any help is greatly apreciated!

EDIT: Is there a way I can skip the step with the white screen and go right to restoring with the new firware from itunes?.. or is this step really needed?
  2. Ricky54326

Ricky54326 New Member

DFU mode gives a black screen, not a while screen. And you only get the white screen when you're using the boot loader at the end (if i recall)
  3. shortperson1026

shortperson1026 Active Member

Guys... you have to unplug your iPod then plug it back in!
  4. Edin.

Edin. New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    That method doesn't work for me at all. No matter how many seconds I wait or unplug and replug fast.
  5. DS-Magic

DS-Magic Member

I know DFU mode isnt a white screen, but the bootloader doesnt work causing me to not get the white screen..

EDIT: I am aware I need to unplug and replug, but it doesnt make a difference.. and if i use redsn0w tool, i just get the same tihng, if i go with the count down, i just get the apple logo and it turns back on.. i dont get a black screen..

please help, cuz somthing as simple as gettin into DFU mode is stressin me out..lol..
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I need to upload the iBBS so that I can go into itunes and then restore with the custom firmware... I think its because I cant get into DFU mode that this isnt working..
  6. lord_cobalt

lord_cobalt New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    um u have to hod the homebutton past the 5 seconds (7 seconds works for me) but i get black screen not white, HELP!!!!!!
  7. msyotrmb06

msyotrmb06 New Member

Same EXACT problem...and everyone KEEPS telling me to "time it right...10 secs and then 10 secs...."
    I'm telling you, it WILL NOT WORK. It just goes to restore mode...what version of itunes should be used? I'm using 8.2...should the ipod touch have been jailbroken first?
    This is really frustrating, especially since it looks so easy.
  8. gdscei

gdscei New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Best way

Its easy.

Just put in DFU mode, run THE iRecovery .DFu command, deconnect/reconnect.

Check my YouTube

http://www.YouTube.com/youripodtouchhelpz

search for THE video 'get out 3.0'

(i know (or not?) That you dont want that, but just follow instructions.