DFU Issues

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by justan, Mar 24, 2009.

1. justan

justan New Member

Now before I say anything, I first want to say I KNOW HOW TO GET INTO DFU. I HAVE DONE IT A MILLION TIMES PERFECTLY WITH MY IPOD.

My friend has a vista computer and didnt want to go through the libusb stuff. So I told him I would jailbreak it for him on my computer. I went to put it into DFU and I got the black screen. Nothing responsive on it. But my computer didnt give me the bubble saying an "apple device is in DFU mode" and itunes didnt pop up telling me either. Also quickfreedom said the device wasnt even connected. Does the ipod need to be registered with my computer for DFU to properly work?

Please dont give me DFU instructions. I know how to get into DFU and I did it on his ipod but nothing is giving me anything saying it is PROPERLY in DFU.

Also dont tell me to re-download quick freedom because it worked perfectly for me the first time.

Dont be c*cky and call me stupid or a noob or anything. I know what I'm doing as I have done it before, I am just having trouble with my friends ipod.

Please just answer the question and try not to be rude about it

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thanks,

Justan
  2. catboy756

catboy756 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Try another computer and see if it can pick it up first.
  3. shiben589

shiben589 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i assume that u tried to DFU again after this? because if you didnt you are posting for no reason
    if u have, search (no seriously) for a thread dealing with the blackscreen problem, i saw one a few days ago
  4. justan

justan New Member

I tried it multiple times