DFU and Itunes Problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Dash9944, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Dash9944

Dash9944 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Because this is a DFU and Itunes problem, I decided to post this here and not in the iTunes section.
    Alright. So today, I tried to upgrade from jailbroken 2.0.2 to 2.2.1 as there are some apps in the app store that require newer firmware. After iTunes finished downloading the firmware, it tried to install it on my iTouch, but failed (i forgot the error number). Now, when I turn on my itouch, it shows me a picture of steve jobs and something written in russian. I believe that this is my DFU screen.

http://kttns.org/uyy

This is what I get instead of the "connect iTouch to iTunes" screen -

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...ox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&sa=N&um=1

iTunes will also not connect to my iTouch, or at least show it. I just upgraded to the newest version of iTunes because thats the solution from the apple support forum, but it will not show my device. I do hear the connect and disconnect sounds from my computer when i connect and disconnect my touch. So how do I restore or upgrade my iTouch? Or at least get out of DFU mode? I'd be happy just to be able to listen to music at this point. Im addicted to my touch, and its been like this for 2 days. Ive googled this and hoped that I could fix it, but I have not gotten any results.

Please help me. I'm going to my friends cottage in 2 days and the drive is 5 hours, so I really want to be able to use my iTouch.

Btw. I have read the thread about not being bricked. But I did not find a little yellow caution sign in my device manager > USB, so that did not work for me either.
  2. Notasoccerstar09

Notasoccerstar09 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    im not gonna be helpful really but i can try

first of all can you try to rejailbreak using quickfreedom thats what i did since mine was just stuck on the apple loading screen
  3. evilcryalotmore

evilcryalotmore Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    you need to stop. Download 2.2.1 and force restore then re break easy