Devicescape (log on to any wireless network)

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Solomon, Jan 18, 2008.

1. Solomon

Solomon New Member

Has anyone tried the devicescape app? The developer claims that it can connect to any supported Wi-Fi hotspot or municipal network. I installed it, but I haven't been to any hotspots since installing it. I was wondering if anyone else has had a chance to try it out.
  2. kappatango

kappatango New Member

I was waiting for confirmation it worked - I am so careful when installing NEW apps......don't like being a guinnea pig

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Mat.hi.as

Mat.hi.as New Member

I dont get it, connect to any hotspot? You can do that by tapping on that hotspot in the settings menu? Or what else?

I see it is a auto-login prog, but if the iPod 'remembers' the network, it already does. Everytime I come home it is already connected before I can open settings. So, what is the big advancement of this program?
  4. Mat.hi.as

Mat.hi.as New Member

I think it only remembers the hotspots you have been. With a new hotspot, you have to enter a PIN code, which is provided, and enter that at the site. After that, it searched for my wireless wifi, it founded it, but it does not show up on 'my own devicescape site'. I can enter some free or paid hotspots, so it only connects to the network, nothing more, nothing less...