Device is not connected error

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by Jeffy, Mar 6, 2008.

1. Jeffy

Jeffy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Hey all,
    I currently have the 32GB Touch, FW 1.1.4, and running iTunes 7.6.1.

Now, I manually manage my iPod. The main machine I use is my home machine, but I frequently add and delete files from my office machine as well. Well, since Tuesday, my iTunes at work is giving me an error when I try to transfer media to my iPod. The error I get is this:

"Attempting to copy to the disk "Jeffy's iPod" failed. The device is not connected"

However, my device is connected, and iTunes can recognize it... I can't see any other threads with this same problem... Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance!
    Jeff
  2. Sharkgarrett

Sharkgarrett New Member

ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh

I'm having the same problem ,but I have my home computer only. I know it it has all the specs for computing power and I have everything updated so that isn't the problem. I also have a 30gig that works just fine and now that I bought an Ipod touch it doesn't work. I get the cannot connect yet itunes does recognize it to. Ohh mine is a 32 gig touch too. My brother has an 16 gig touch on a different computer and it works fine so it's something with the computer. I get to synch tho for about 1 min. before I get the error which is plenty of time for podcasts and songs ,but not enough for movies. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP US. Thanks.

P.S. $500 and 6 hours later and it still doesn't work means A) You're an idiot B) You just got conned C) Apple tech support is laughing their head off at our helplessness full well knowing everyday another hundred to a thoasand more will buy the product and 1/2 will have the same problem that their lazy butts wouldn't fix the the beta. I go with C.

P.S.S. I've gotten more answers from other cunsumers than Apples Support
    P.S.S. Would you like to go to automated support... NO!!!... Great now lets begin the process "one one of my calls just about sounded like"