developing for the iphone/ipod touch...

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by NetSkay, May 11, 2009.

1. NetSkay

NetSkay New Member

• Language
    hi, i guess this might have been answered in another post or somewhere else on the internet, but i couldnt find anything...
    a lot of people seem to ask how to install applications and thats why there are more abundant tutorials/guides for this, however, i would like to know how to develop for the ipod touch or iphone
    i know i can use the apple SDK and whatnot, however i really do not want to shed 100 bucks for a developer license...
    so my real question is, well i guess couple of them, first one to develop for jail broken iphone/ipod does it matter which jailbreak application i use, im guessing it doesnt, but i just want to make sure...
    my other question is, say i have my ipod touch jail broken, and i develop something on hackintosh on VMware with the apple SDK, do i simply "build" the project and then upload it to the ipod touch, if so where, which directly, or do i need to install it somehow...
    if avoidable, can i develop for iphone/ipod touch through windows or linux; ive heard about the toolchain, but how does this work, i mean, do i write the code in obj C, then upload it to the ipod/iphone and compile there or something...

some guidence to get me started is more than appreciated... links, tutorials anything... im not a n00b developer, atleast i do not consider myself one, ive developed with python, .net, and C++, but im absolutely new to the whole ipod/iphone jailbreaking development scenery

thank you very much, ill be anticipating any replies
  2. Chicken

Chicken Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    If you mean by if avoidable you would rather not do it with the SDK, you can build the toolchain on linux using http://www.saurik.com/id/4
  3. NetSkay

NetSkay New Member

well this doesnt help me more or less, no sources available or instructions, maybe its just my skim reading technique...
    but say i have the apple SDK, without the developer license, can i compile and upload the application to the jailbroken iphone through SSH or some other means?
    ive also been googling for that with little success

thnx
  4. Chicken

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Yes you can.
  5. NetSkay

NetSkay New Member

do u know of any guides about that, like where do i upload the applications to?
  6. Chicken

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    /Applications but make sure you codesign it download ldid from Cydia then in terminal type cd /path/to/your/app then ldid -S yourappbinary.

After you have done that respring (make sure the springboard cache reloads) and your app will appear.
  7. Cyanidepoison

Cyanidepoison Active Member

Use Gojohnnyboi's tool quickload to make the SpringBoard recognize new apps. It is on Cydia.
  8. Pelaez-1

Pelaez-1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    I'd like to know how, too, because when you try to build it for the Device, it gives you an error and doesn't compile it for the ARM.

And obviously you can't use the same binary of the Simulator, because that's made for Intel.
  9. Chicken

Device:
    iPhone 5S
  10. Pelaez-1

Pelaez-1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Awesome, thanks a lot. I knew it was possible because I saw a guy doing it once, and we actually ran the app in my Phone, but I couldn't find the link through google, I tried a lot of tags...