Developers/anyone with BSD knowledge: we need your help

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Jailbreak' started by jfb392, Feb 18, 2008.

1. jfb392

jfb392 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The iPod elite team (rather Chris, I don't know if others are on board yet..) and myself are working to reverse ZiPhone and make it compatible with 16 and 32GB devices.
    We want to create a method that will work for everyone, but we need your help to do so.
    If you have any knowledge of boot disks, device geometry indexes, or just BSD in general, we'd like you to share your knowledge with us.
    Visit us on irc.osx86.hu in #iptfdev.

Even if nothing comes out of this, at least we tried, but I'm pretty sure something will.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thank you to anyone who can help or supports us.

And to Chris; I was going to run this by you first, but you don't seem to be here, I'm sure you approve of it though.
  2. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Shouldn't you contact Zibri about this too?
  3. jfb392

jfb392 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Maybe when we have success..
    I mean, it is his code, but it's pretty basic at that.
    Not to take away the merit he deserves for this method, but it's just an interface and a ramdisk that can be loaded and do clever things at boot.
    If we get it working we can try to somehow combine our ramdisk with the current one, but I want to stay on an older version of ZiPhone for now, since the newer ones have security checks, so it probably wouldn't work very well.
    Plus, we can strip out gunlock and stuff, saving the user some space and then possibly recompile the interface itself to remove unlock option and such, to make things less confusing for iPod users.

Of course we'll credit him and stuff, we're not thieves, we appreciate what he and all of the community has done for us.
    It just looks like it's time for us to take the reins and fix the problems we face, since we're kind of ignored.