Developer Program App Rejections

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by TheTerminator, Aug 6, 2009.

1. TheTerminator

TheTerminator New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Okay so here's my story about the App Store.

First, I join an app store development team here on iPtF.

I start working on my app that's in Cydia. Danny Soundboard and prepare it for submission to the App Store. It gets rejected for objectible content. Which I almost expected because it had a lot swearing in it.

Email from App Store Review.
    Next app, was one that was also in Cydia, called Bob Saget Sound. Which was basically a button that said Bob Saget. That too got REJECTED, for MINIMAL USER FUNCTIONALITY. I mean come on, theres so many apps that do the same thing. Like fart buttons, whoppie cushions, thats what she said buttons... All that do the same function as my app, and it gets rejected. WHAT THE F.

Email from App Store Review.
  2. Pelaez-1

Pelaez-1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    No offense, but I'm glad they were rejected... There are already too many of those apps in the AppStore, Apple should have a quality control...

Why don't you try to make something innovative, or at least something that's not just putting buttons via Interface Builder and just make them play sounds?...
  3. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    It's a drag to a get an app rejected, but your story pales in comparison to rejection horror stories with which we've become acquainted.
  4. Dr. Rambo

Dr. Rambo Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    I think he's confused about Apple's reasons. They were basically the same app (from what I gather), but they got rejected for totally different reasons.
  5. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    "Basically the same" purely in principle. One was a seemingly fuller soundboard; the other, simply a button that plays a sound.

The soundboard was rejected for profanity, no surprise there. The second app is not the kind of thing that should be in the AppStore, due to Apple's exact reasoning.

I know that there are borderline applications. I've got an app that's currently under review that is arguably pointless, but then again, it does more than play a sound when you press a lonely button. Also, Apple is far from consistent when it come to this stuff, which is a problem. Why reject the OP, when there are literally thousands of apps that arguably are as or more pointless?
  6. Dr. Rambo

Dr. Rambo Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    True. I would have to agree with you.

OT: What's the app?
  7. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Danny Soundboard... Read the post.
  8. Dr. Rambo

Dr. Rambo Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    I meant Axis's app.
  9. Akiyama Mio

Akiyama Mio Member

I can understand why Danny Soundboard was rejected though. I'm assuming Danny is Danny, the tourrettes guy. Various phrases from him involve "f*** SALT" and "HARD AS TITS". Excuse the language, ;p
  10. Ari.

Ari. Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    i dont understand about the swearing, most songs on itunes store has swearing in it, am i wrong?

and ive seen apps that are related to sex in app store, kinda silly tbh. :/