Dev-Team, Release the tethered version!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by brendanm, Jan 30, 2009.

1. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Hey,

So for a while now I have been thinking about the tethered jail-break. Can I just make a few points and then explain the rest of the theory?

It is illegal to re-distribute Apple's code, is there anyway you can release the tethered jail-break though?

Yes, you can. It works the same as when someone wants to use copyrighted material. How do people release things such as transformation packages with Apple's icons? They give credits to them and in the folder you would download, they could include a text document putting them in the clear for Apple's code. If I'm correct, that is.

The jail-break will be hard for novice users, so why can us advanced users have it?

Well, I understand the fact that some users would find this super difficult. The thing is, there are things called tutorials, video guides and written guides. I myself learned my own techniques for modifications from written guides, so my idea is to release it in .zip format and inside that include a "howto" read-me that has a step-by-step guide on how to do this. If the novice user can't do it, too bad, they can wait. Leave it to the advanced. If you tinker around with it, you'll figure it out it's the same with anything else basically.

What happens if the iPod shuts off due to an app?

You wait until you get home and re-jail-break it. Then take off the App and try to stick to stable, reliable and less buggy apps.

Why did you bother with this?

I want a tethered jail-break to tinker with, see if I can make something more of it then what it already is. Besides that, many of us want it period.

Oh and to further explain this:

Many of us have been waiting for the jail-break, tethered or not. Some of us are more experienced with computers and technology in general and others are not. The tethered jail-break could help other people possibly figure out a way to get it back without plugging it into the computer, maybe they could compile a list of stable and reliable apps or the apps that are less buggy.

Then,

We can make a tutorial on how to jail-break for the novice users. This would surely take a little bit of time and effort on everyone's part but it would surely keep us entertained until a full one comes out, even if a full one comes out.

I'm also sure there is a way to port a program like QuickPwn to handle the jail-break, and maybe a way to make it permanment.

There is something your missing Dev Teams, could be one small code hidden somewheres so to speak or it could be right under your nose, if you find it you unlock the 'key' to the jail-break.
  2. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Some things are re-distributable under certain circumstances.

Some, aren't.
  3. iCrap

iCrap Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    well yeah... i guess.

but people would think they bricked it and then get mad...

but i agree, i doubt untethered is coming soon, and i just want the damn tethered one.

BTW: Muclenerd said that if they run out of ideas they will make the tethred one legal and release it. copywright is no issue.
  4. dashaman

dashaman Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    not going to happen anytime soon. They want to release a untethered version.
  5. seabear

seabear New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So why did you name the thread and say the released it if they didn't?

I was excited their for a second.
  6. The_Return

The_Return New Member

Damn I thought this said Relesed I was like woot
  7. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    One letter off...

Anyways,

They should just release the tethered version right now. If I'm correct, you could probably edit the codes in QuickPWN to read the 2G as a 1G. Then, I thought of something else. What are the true hardware differences between 1G & 2G? Maybe their is an exploit to make the iPod Touch and the Computer and program to think it is a 1G, enabling a untethered jail-break?
  8. iCrap

iCrap Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    well sorry but that wont work.... (at the above)

but they could make a tethred quickpwn
  9. seabear

seabear New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The tethered jailbreak will probably be 100% manual and their will be no Qwkpwn for it. Qwkpwn for the I Pod touch will be released after the untethered and probably under a different name
  10. nikj14

nikj14 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    if you ever managed to get the 2g to think it was a 1g there would probably be issues with firmware