Dev team, please make a non-wifi/non-ssh JB!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by MadRopes, Jan 28, 2008.

1. MadRopes

MadRopes New Member

I cannot update or jailbreak my ipod to 1.1.3. simply because my router connection is not strong enough. It times out every time when trying to do the 1.1.3. jailbreak. This is because the router is located in my neighbors house. This is also the reason I cannot SSH into my ipod making it impossible to jailbreak my ipod on the 1.1.3. firmware.

I REALLY want to update, but I cannot. Is it possible that the dev team could muster up a jailbreak that is similar to that of the 1.1.2. jailbreak where you just plug your ipod in and let it do its thing? That seems so much more simple to me.

Please help.
  2. MadRopes

MadRopes New Member

Is there something I am missing? When I try to do the dev team jailbreak (windows version only) It asks for my ipods IP address. I give it the address of the wifi that I am connected to (My neighbors house) and it just does something really fast and says its done, but it doesnt do anything.

Please help.
  3. rafabgood

rafabgood New Member

No starbucks nearby? With the new method, there is no need to SSH anymore...
  4. 1337chaos

1337chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    wow... i hope your neighbor isnt on here... you do know that stealing wifi is illegal right? but let me get this straight: you want the dev team to put another months worth of work in, just for you, because you're too cheap to buy your own internet and are stealing it from your neighbor?
  5. kappatango

kappatango New Member

When you are logged onto the wifi, click Settings >> Wifi >> then the little blue arrow next to the network you are on. This will show you the IP of the IPOD.
  6. MadRopes

MadRopes New Member

He doesn't care i have told him before.
  7. MadRopes

MadRopes New Member

Yea but the IP of the ipod is going to be different than the IP of my computer. Does that matter? I figured this is always why i havent been able to use SSH.
  8. kappatango

kappatango New Member

9. 1337chaos

1337chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    then why dont you walk over to your neighbors house with your ipod, load up installer.app, and download it.
  10. joemal

joemal New Member

If your friend doesn't care that you use his WiFi just go over to his house and use the WiFi THERE for the upgrade......