Dev-Team has brough more people to the forums

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by Jake1991, Feb 18, 2009.

?

Noobs good or bad?

1. I hate noobs grrrr!

34.6%
  2. I love noobs!!!

8.5%
  3. I don't mind noobs

56.9%
  1. Jake1991

Jake1991 New Member

Okay, since dev-team released the "tethered jailbreak" we have gotten a crap-load of more people at these forums. Now that sounds good, but I don't think it is. We may have a lot more people now, but they are all noobs just trying to get help on jailbreaking their ipt2gs. I mean, I love helping a noob as much as the next guy but it gets annoying sometimes will all their "OMG U GUYS BRICKED MY IPOD" threads. What are your guys' thoughts on this whole "noob" situation? Good or bad? When the untethered jailbreak comes out, is all population to this part of the forums gunna go bye-bye?
  2. jellixiz

jellixiz New Member

you are an emo lolol

please do not say "noob"
  3. Jake1991

Jake1991 New Member

I can't say noob?
  4. TomboFry

TomboFry Member

I don't think they need an untethered jailbreak now they can use a dongle. They should send an email to all the new registered users saying "no spam (eg. "U Brickd da ipod lolz", "wot is a jailbrake?"), and remember to search before you post" and add an infraction or a ban to anybody who does it more than once or something like that. Doing that could reduce the "noobs" a lot

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. finlandboy

finlandboy New Member

thats kinda one of the points of a forum......TO HELP OTHERS, and yes there have been alot of noob threads and what not, but we all started some where, its unavoidable really......
  6. Jake1991

Jake1991 New Member

I agree. I thought we've been making it pretty clear that you CANNOT BRICK the ipod touch 2g using redsn0w. Yet they still accuse us of doing it, even though it's really there fault for not following instructions properly.
  7. TomboFry

TomboFry Member

Well I suppose so. But they're so annoying lol.
    If there weren't as many as there are now, I definitely wouldn't mind them.
  8. deleted account 92

deleted account 92 Active Member

I think it's always good to have more members. Especially to bgizzle, more members get him more money.
  9. Jake1991

Jake1991 New Member

Yes, we are supposed to help people BUT noobs need to realize that we have a search option, and whatever they do to their ipods is their responsibility.
  10. nickman89

nickman89 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yeah they could tighten up rules but hay we all have questions, and this is a forum dedicated to ipods, so people will allways ask questions. Remember we were all noobs once asking questions like that. Eventually it will calm down here and the threads will slow down.