Dev Team 1.1.3 Jailbreak Complete Tutorial Oktoprep Error Explained!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Jailbreak' started by aLLeYRaT, Jan 27, 2008.

1. aLLeYRaT

aLLeYRaT New Member

Hey guys,

I just took a couple of hours and wrote out a very in-depth and proper tutorial on how to jailbreak the 1.1.3 software on the iPod Touch. It also includes how to get around the Oktoprep error that many people have been getting when they attempt to jailbreak 1.1.2 in the process. I believe this is the most complete tutorial out right now.

Links to all necessary files are included, including the jailbreaks, the firmwares, and the programs needed (including iTunes 7.5)

It's here...

http://touchhax.com/jailbreak113.html/

EDIT: Updated to add the Installer fix for 1.1.3!

If you like the tutorial let me know and I'll write more! Thanks guys.
  2. Trekky0623

Trekky0623 New Member

I hate the Oktoprep thing. I had to downgrade iTunes, and had to rebuild my music library

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. kappatango

kappatango New Member

The guides good - but if someone ALREADY has 7.6, how do they downgrade iTunes and not lose all their music/media?

That is the main reason someone would get this oktoprep error, iTunes 7.6.....

Good guide though
  4. Trekky0623

Trekky0623 New Member

You have to uninstall, delete everything in C:/Program Files/iTunes, then delete the library files in your music directory, then install iTunes 7.5.
  5. kappatango

kappatango New Member

Then you lose all your music and stuff - thats my point, its a Pain in the A$$.
  6. hecks

hecks New Member

It's not true that you need 7.5 in all cases for the official 1.1.3 jailbreak. I've been using 7.6 and have done it a few times without problems.

Really it's not good to advise people to jump through those hoops until the real nature of the problem has been worked out.
  7. aLLeYRaT

aLLeYRaT New Member

Yes, it is a pain, but its the only method out there right now (I think and I've searched A LOT) that works for sure. If anyone can figure out a method to do it EVERY TIME on iTunes 7.6 let me know and I'll rework my tutorial to include it as soon as possible.
  8. kappatango

kappatango New Member

The point is, your current TUT assumes they either have :

a. No itunes Installed

b. they know how to FULLY uninstall 7.6 and are aware they will lose all their music.....

Thats what needs to be added.....
  9. aLLeYRaT

aLLeYRaT New Member

kk

*added*
  10. delight1

delight1 New Member

all you have to do to jail break 1.1.2 now is use the ideal behind http://wickedpsyched.net/iphone/iphuc

i just wrote a script that i tell which framework i want active... then, before i do the jailbreak itself, i switch to 7.4.2's framework, so it can kick the ipod out of recover...