(DEV TEAM 1.1.3) iTunes Purchase Sync Issue

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by dvp1, Jan 28, 2008.

1. dvp1

dvp1 New Member

Firstly, I'd like to thank everyone involved in making the JB 1.1.3 happen - you guys rock

Please Register or Log in to view images

However, I think I've found an issue, and I was wondering if anybody else was having this problem.

I can buy music from the WiFi Music Store using 1.1.3, and it downloads onto my Touch like normal. I can play the music back: no DRM-problems.

But when I try to 'Sync Purchases' back to iTunes (7.6 on XP), it runs the process but fails to transfer the data back, leaving the purchased music on the Touch! Using the manual settings I can listen to the music I've just purchased, after plugging in my USB cable, but I can't get the songs I've just brought onto my PC! Is this a known issue, or am I just really unlucky

I've got the 1.1.3 Dev Team firmware running with the apps from the original(?) googlepages repo (before it went down). All the apps work PERFECTLY - no installer, mail or map issues at all! I installed over a clean restore of 1.1.2 (directly from a clean 1.1.1).
  2. windowsexpert08

windowsexpert08 New Member

you need to add modiphone.net/repo to your installer sources and then install 1.1.3 sync fix.
  3. dvp1

dvp1 New Member

I've added 'http://modiphone.net/repo' and installed the sync fix, but the problem still remains even after a reboot

4. windowsexpert08

windowsexpert08 New Member

hmm maybe if you run boss tool and relocate the apps because sometimes music wont go into its correct spot.
  5. dvp1

dvp1 New Member

I'd love to give that a try, but now my Touch is now trapped in a reboot cycle

6. dvp1

dvp1 New Member

Okay, the only way to get out of the permanent cycle was by re-installing 1.1.1 (and 1.1.2 using another PC with iTunes 7.5) and then upgrading to 1.1.3 using the new 'all-in-one' method.

I'm still getting the same problem. I can purchase and listen to music using the new JB 1.1.3, but I can't transfer it back to my PC via iTunes 7.6.

Where is the correct spot for music and apps? I was led to believe that all the music was in '/var/root/Media/iTunes_Control/Music', but the 'Media' folder is nowhere in sight when I access the file system!
  7. owie007

owie007 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)

If i'm not mistaken it is under

/var/root/mobile

just check it out, im really not sure... i decided to stop jaibreaking for now, cant check it for ya
  8. dvp1

dvp1 New Member

It's actually under '/var/mobile/Media/Purchases/', but thanks for giving me a hint

Now, at least, I can manually move the file(s) over.

So is nobody else getting this issue then? Everyone who purchases music on their touch can sync back to their PC then?!

EDIT: Tried the BossTools, but this didn't do anything

9. sunny

sunny Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    I have the same problem so where are you changing the music to?
  10. dvp1

dvp1 New Member

I'm not changing the music to anything.

All I'm doing is moving over the file(s), that "iTunes WiFi Store" downloads, back onto my PC manually using an FTP tool (WinSCP in my case).

Whilst running OpenSSH on my iPod Touch, I'm navigating my way to the directory '/var/mobile/Media/Purchases/' and then copying the .M4P file(s) back onto my PC. I then "drag'n'drop" the .M4P files back into iTunes on the 'Purchased' tab. I have to manually rename everything, but at least I can get my purchases onto my PC again...

I tried modifying the "read/write" permissions of the directories/files, but this didn't do anything either, so it's definitely nothing to do with that...

Just to clarify, when I right click on my Touch in iTunes and select 'Transfer Purchases', both the iPod and iTunes start the process (the screens change respectively) - but then they seem to cancel out of it moments later, almost as if there isn't any music to be copied! Could this be the JB 1.1.3 software putting the files in the wrong directory or something??!

I don't know if this is a problem with the upgrade method or whether it's a bug in the JB process. Perhaps someone not running the DEV TEAM 1.1.3 update could tell us their experiences with another JB method - I can't believe that sunny and I are the only ones who actually BUY our music on the iPod Touch, are we

!?